start menu new programmes installed

Hi
I have a programme which is annoying me, I installed windows xp home
ed as my old set up was playing me up. When I press the start button
now it always says I have new programmes installed and highlights
loads of programmes, theses programmes are not new. I have tried
viewing them all restarting the computer but it still shows up new
programmes.

The other thing that seems to be happening to me now is that when I
click a link in explorer it opens another link which is fine but when
I click again it open yet another link, it use open one link then use
the same open link but it does not do this anymore so going through my
fantasy football team opens up around 20 pages

can anyone help, I was thinking about just staring all over again, I
have done all the updates for windows etc.

Thanks

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-start-menu-programmes-installed-ftopict540356.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1701348

Following may help with program listing; Rt. click Start>Properties>Start
menu tab>Customize>Advanced -clear "Highlight newly installed programs."

AL(KB3U) & Darlene Romanosky N. Ft.
Myers, FL

Right click the Start button | Properties |
Start Menu tab | Customize button | Advanced tab |
UNCheck: ? Highlight newly installed programs |
OK |Apply | OK

---

Internet Explorer | Tools | Internet Options | Advanced tab |
Check: Reuse windows for launching shortcuts |
Apply | OK

[[Specifies that when you click a Web link in an Internet-aware program,
such as Outlook Express, and there is already an Internet Explorer window
open, the Web page appears in the open browser window instead of opening a
new window.]]

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes