I have heard of sage. I hear they make damn good gaming laptops. ASUS ROG laptops are very good as well. Gaming laptops vary because it depends what games your going to be playing. If your looking for placed to buy then Newegg would be first place to check, then look at best buy (Not always over priced), also check out some of the placed that make custom gaming desktops like Ibuypower or cyberpower. Also I'm not sure if you've heard of them but
Sager's sales person that I interacted with is a very cool folk (email only, though) and notified me that I got lucky, cause they got new Intel CPUs for the notebook type I picked.
So, here's the detail of what I got:
- 15.6" chassis with 1080p glossy display
- nVidia GeForce GTX 675M w/2GB (a Fermi; the MX'es won't arrive till next month or something)
- i7 3630QM (up from a 3610QM for free; it's a 100Mhz base speed bump)
- 2x4GB DDR3 1600
- 500GB HDD + docking bay with a 500GB HDD (instead of the ODD)
- free ground shipping with UPS.
All that for US$1,540.60.
I'd say it's a steal. Now, the only "problem" for me was the Wire Transfer; they don't accept credit cards. Since I'm not from the USA, I've been very complicated, lol. So for folks outside the USA, I'd talk with a friend there that has an account or think about the extra fees of making an international bank transfer.
Once it arrives, I'll do a quick bench and post it in the sticky.