How do I create an association in the folder option file

June 6, 2005 6:38:37 PM

Hello i have received an e mail with an attachment to open it quotes
the following Brochure.ppt (4.65MB) when i try to open it it says
"THIS FILE DOES NOT HAVE A PROGRAM ASSOCIATED WITH IT FOR PERFORMING
THIS ACTION. CREATE AN ASSOCIATION IN THE FOLDER OPTIONS IN CONTROL
PANEL.

I have gone to control panel then folder options but from there I am
lost can you please help me

thank you very much

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-create-asso...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1710494
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 6:38:38 PM

"rastaman" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
> Hello i have received an e mail with an attachment to open it quotes
> the following Brochure.ppt (4.65MB) when i try to open it it says
> "THIS FILE DOES NOT HAVE A PROGRAM ASSOCIATED WITH IT FOR PERFORMING
> THIS ACTION. CREATE AN ASSOCIATION IN THE FOLDER OPTIONS IN CONTROL
> PANEL.
>
> I have gone to control panel then folder options but from there I am
> lost can you please help me
>

> thank you very much

> request
> Topic URL:
> http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-create-asso...

.ppt is a Power Point Presentation. Power Point is part of the MS Office
Suite. If you don't have MS Office then you can go here to down load a
viewer: http://tinyurl.com/4mue6. Do a Google Search for other viewers
if you don't want to use this one.

To answer your question: Once you have Folder Options open, click on File
Types tab. Click new button and type in .ppt, click O.K. It will then show
up in you list. Highlight it, and click the change button. You will get a
message "Windows can not open this file." Down at the bottom of this window
is a choice to use the web to find a program, or choose a program on the
computer. Depends on if you have a viewer installed or not as to the choice
you make.

Hope this helps.

Cajunswabbie
Anonymous
June 7, 2005 12:28:38 AM

You need Powerpoint from MS Office installed.

If you don't have Office (which includes Powerpoint) look on the MS site-
there is a free Powerpoint Viewer there. Find, Download and Install it.

"rastaman" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
> Hello i have received an e mail with an attachment to open it quotes
> the following Brochure.ppt (4.65MB) when i try to open it it says
> "THIS FILE DOES NOT HAVE A PROGRAM ASSOCIATED WITH IT FOR PERFORMING
> THIS ACTION. CREATE AN ASSOCIATION IN THE FOLDER OPTIONS IN CONTROL
> PANEL.
>
> I have gone to control panel then folder options but from there I am
> lost can you please help me
>

> thank you very much

> request
> Topic URL:
> http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-create-asso...
June 14, 2005 2:11:07 PM

I too had this problem and it drove me crazy!!! Finally, I figured out my
problem maybe it will help you. If you have Kodak software or another camera
software on your computer, it defaults to that file. Try changing your .jpg
file in the folder options. Do the following to change .jpg file association:

Click on Start
Click on Control Panel
Click on Tools
Click on Folder Options
Click on File types
Highlight JPG
Click on Change
Highlight Windows picture and fax viewer
Click O.K.

Hope this works for you!

!