The Sanctimonious Project.. My Career So Far..

Tags:
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
June 1, 2005 9:41:30 PM

Thought I'd post this as a chance to maybe get some advice n' the like...

Playing 03/04...

Season One: Started as Arsenal...brought in Michael Proctor from Sunderland
almost off the start... brilliant move as it turns out, we win the league,
make it to the semis of the Champions League, and win Manager of the Year.

Season Two: Still at Highbury...bring on a pissload of promising veterans on
free transfers (Kompany, Emre, Mahdavikia) as well as bring in Viduka and
Gareth Barry for nominal fees due to financial crisises at other clubs, move
out an underachieving Edu and Alladiere...Get hired to be manager of
England...sell Viera for 15mil pounds and Marc Overmars (actually wasn't a
bad fit)... also sold Jeffers to Newcastle for 3mil and Lauren to Betis for
3.3mil before splashing down 15mil for Fillipo Inzaghi for what I hoped
would be a wonderpairing with Henry, didn't quite work that way... Runner up
in the league, Semi's in the FA Cup, Quarters in the CL,

Season 3: Highbury still: Realizing the goofup I made in selling Viera I
land Michael Carrick from the Hammers for 8.25MIL, tried to get Goalkeeping
stability with Paul Robinson, and shore up the D with Robert Huth for 2 mil
a piece.. also get Solari and Inzaghi part 2 (Simone) on frees, hoping to
spark something.. it didn't so I got Kluivert midseason.. now I'm getting
desperate.. Sold Emre to Juventus for a tidy profit (8.25mil)...finally got
tired of Lehmann's weak hands and sent him to 1860 muchen.. had my eye on
Kieron Dyer, so I sent Freddy Lundberg to Milan for 5mil and signed Dyer for
16mil... he performed well but wasn't the cureall I'd hoped.. Only made it
to the 2nd round in the CL, won in the FA cup semis to advance to the big
final... and got sacked.. might have had something to do with the fact that
the Gunners were 4th on the table at the time...and that was that season.

Season 4: Do I speak Italian?? no.. but I get a job in Serie A as manager
for Cheivo Verona.. with a somewhat modest transfer budget I'm able to bring
in Arsenal stalwarts Jobi McAnuff and Michael Proctor (successful deals), as
well Thomas Job..and Solari again (I'll never learn I suppose) until I find
a young defensive stalwart under the name of Alberto Mattoli who turns my
club around as a 15 year old in the first team.. had them sitting mid-table
until Real Madrid fire their guy, so I put my name in thinking what can
happen?.. they hire me.. we go on a tear winning the rest of our games, tie
for 1st... I have more wins, and a better Goal Differential, and more Goals
for scored... but somehow Deportivo are declared champs and I finish runner
up...

Season 5: Se Habla Cashconal? So now having gone from no money to tons of
cash .. I buy Jermaine Jenas from Newcastle for 60mil, Sol Campbell from Ars
for 10mil, Viera (told you I realized my mistake) for 25mil, and then I get
the blitz of my life, I'm offered Georgi Kakalov from Chievo (they got him
after I left) for 8.25mil.. the guy is a stud.. I jump at the chance, the
guy scores 24 goals in 36 games.. (woulda been more but he was injured a
lot), and will eventually be named Spanish Player of the Year, also bringing
on Van Brunwaene, Jamie Mullen and Declan Barry, and sell Van Bommel we zoom
into first place, and then everyone gets hurt, I do however manage to get my
wonderstudkid Mattioli from Chievo for free!!!.. we get knocked out of the
CL at the group stage, but go on to win the UEFA cup, and rebound to finish
2nd in the league.. We lose in the Spanish cup final.. but I am Spanish
Manager of the year.. England gets knocked out of the Group Stage in the
Euro's and I'm sacked from the National team...

Season 6.. the hot seat begins: My 3rd season at Real.. (2nd full),
pressure is on.. so I bring in Thierry Henry so I can have a wonderfour set
of strikers, (Henry, Kakalov, Trezuget, and Raul)..bring Van Bommel back,
and get a qualifying match for entry to the CL.. who are we drawn against..
bloody Juventus.... we do win 3-0 on aggregate though.. then the league
starts and we stink so far..2 games in, 2 games lost... Henry is magnificent
except for finishing... aarrgghhh!... must get Ashley Cole.. he's next on
the list!!!

More about : sanctimonious project career

Anonymous
June 2, 2005 4:31:00 AM

> Season 6.. the hot seat begins: My 3rd season at Real.. (2nd full),
> pressure is on.. so I bring in Thierry Henry so I can have a
> wonderfour set of strikers, (Henry, Kakalov, Trezuget, and
> Raul)..bring Van Bommel back, and get a qualifying match for entry to
> the CL.. who are we drawn against.. bloody Juventus.... we do win 3-0
> on aggregate though.. then the league starts and we stink so far..2
> games in, 2 games lost... Henry is magnificent except for
> finishing... aarrgghhh!... must get Ashley Cole.. he's next on the
> list!!!

Careful, it might cost you and the club £500,000 extra to sign him!
Anonymous
June 2, 2005 3:51:08 PM

Ian Gooda wrote:

> happen?.. they hire me.. we go on a tear winning the rest of our games, tie
> for 1st... I have more wins, and a better Goal Differential, and more Goals
> for scored... but somehow Deportivo are declared champs and I finish runner
> up...

In Spain, the tie-breaker is based on head-to-head results. Unless both of your
matches were drawn with identical scores, then you would get a two-legged
play-off.
(Jeez, another post with loads of hyphens.)
Anonymous
June 5, 2005 6:03:14 AM

Ahhh, thanks for the info on that one!, was thinking it was probably
something along those lines.... now I know
"The Wielder of the Scythe" <scytheNOSPAMWIBBLE@netvigator.com> wrote in
message news:429E822C.66D6F373@netvigator.com...