Run DLL error message

When I restart my PC, the first thing up is a Run DLL error message: Error
and how can I get rid of it?
2 answers Last reply
More about error message

    NEWDOT~2.DLL is related to spyware. This is serious violation of
    your privacy.... your system is under security threat.
    It is advisable you to scan your computer and eliminate possible threats.

    What is newdot~2.dll?
    http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/process/newdot~2.dll.html

    Download Ad-aware SE and scan your PC for the presence of sp­yware:

    Symantec Security Check
    http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?langid=ie&venid=sym&plfid=23&pkj=YVXRORVWHFHMFNZMBBX

    Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321cd7a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en

    3 Simple Steps to Help Ensure the Protection of Your PC
    http://www.microsoft.com/athom­e/security/protect/default.msp­x

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "tripandcos" wrote:

    | When I restart my PC, the first thing up is a Run DLL error message: Error
    | and how can I get rid of it?

    It's a program that allows access to non standard web addresses such as ..shop, .xxx, .club, .ltd, .inc, .travel, .tech, .sport, .family, .law, ..med, and .mp3

    See http://www.newdotnet.com/ which explains what it is and how to remove it if you want to.

    I'd image your AV program has deleted the file. If you use the web addresses you will need to leave the program installed.

    It is NOT spywear but is distributed in similar ways causing a bad reputation.
    "tripandcos" <tripandcos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EDE02F2F-5118-4814-996F-ED2A50DD4F9F@microsoft.com...
    > When I restart my PC, the first thing up is a Run DLL error message: Error
    > and how can I get rid of it?

Error Message DLL Windows XP