welcome screen not workinh

ok so. i went to the control pannels and turned on the welcome screen but for
some reason it does not turn on. I cannot turn on my welcome screen. It just
keeps it at that other thing where u have to put ur user name and password. I
used to have a welcome screen then one day all of a sudden it disapeard and
went to the other thing. Any help would be great

help me im very confused

thx

XP_FixLogon.exe - Fix Windows® XP Logon/Restore Welcome Screen
© Doug Knox - 03/25/2002
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/fix_xp_logon.htm

Or Look here:

Read the instructions at the top, then
Scroll down to:
45. Right hand side
Restore the Welcome Screen - Gina.Dll Error
==========

Joining Computer to Domain Causes "Friendly" User Interface to be Replaced
by Classic View
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;303594

The "Welcome to Windows" Logon Screen Does Not Appear When You Start the
Computer
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;817142

The "Welcome" Logon Screen Does Not Appear
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q305281

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:E606D441-2E5E-4325-BEAD-30DC8A5CBDBB@microsoft.com,
Flow13 <Flow13@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> ok so. i went to the control pannels and turned on the welcome screen but
> for some reason it does not turn on. I cannot turn on my welcome screen.
> It just keeps it at that other thing where u have to put ur user name and
> password. I used to have a welcome screen then one day all of a sudden it
> disapeard and went to the other thing. Any help would be great
>
> help me im very confused
>
> thx

Neil

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

The only thing that springs to mind is if you have set the PC to join a
domain?? I think that will not allow you to use the welcome screen.
Neil