Help! ntdll.dll registry problem - files with graphics crash

Every time I try to open a file folder with a lot of photos or
graphics in the folder the screen goes blank and Windows Explorer
resets. I can’t pull up these files from any of my programs, Windows
Explorer or just by clicking through the files starting with My
Documents.

Someone told me that it was a registry problem and had me go to Run
then type in "regsvr32 ntdll.dll" -- When I did that I got the
following error message "ntdll.dll was loaded, but the
DllRegisterServer entry point was not found. This file cannot be
registered."

I am using a Toshiba Satellite Laptop with Windows XP Home (Svc Pack 2
Installed). I have a 1.40 GHz Intel Pentium M processor with 512 RAM
and way too much software on this thing -- mosly Microsoft and Adobe
stuff.

Please help -- I can’t do any work until this problem is fixed.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-ntdll.dll-registry-problem-files-graphics-crash-ftopict542750.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1711209

Neil

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have this for you to try

1) Open a command window (Start->Run, type in 'cmd' hit enter)
2) To remove image preview, type and hit enter
regsvr32 /u shimgvw.dll
3) To readd image preview, type and hit enter
regsvr32 shimgvw.dll
4) To remove media preview, type and hit enter
regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll
5) To readd media preview, type and hit enter
regsvr32 shmedia.dll

do you think any of these may help. If anything I would imagine it would be
the "image preview" commands.

Neil