Help! ntdll.dll registry problem - files with graphics crash

Every time I try to open a file folder with a lot of photos or
graphics in the folder the screen goes blank and Windows Explorer
resets. I can’t pull up these files from any of my programs, Windows
Explorer or just by clicking through the files starting with My
Documents.

Someone told me that it was a registry problem and had me go to Run
then type in "regsvr32 ntdll.dll" -- When I did that I got the
following error message "ntdll.dll was loaded, but the
DllRegisterServer entry point was not found. This file cannot be
registered."

I am using a Toshiba Satellite Laptop with Windows XP Home (Svc Pack 2
Installed). I have a 1.40 GHz Intel Pentium M processor with 512 RAM
and way too much software on this thing -- mosly Microsoft and Adobe
stuff.

Please help -- I can’t do any work until this problem is fixed.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-ntdll.dll-registry-problem-files-graphics-crash-ftopict542750.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1711209
1 answer Last reply
More about help ntdll registry problem files graphics crash

    I have this for you to try

    1) Open a command window (Start->Run, type in 'cmd' hit enter)
    2) To remove image preview, type and hit enter
    regsvr32 /u shimgvw.dll
    3) To readd image preview, type and hit enter
    regsvr32 shimgvw.dll
    4) To remove media preview, type and hit enter
    regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll
    5) To readd media preview, type and hit enter
    regsvr32 shmedia.dll

    do you think any of these may help. If anything I would imagine it would be
    the "image preview" commands.

    Neil

    "Jsuits" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
    > Every time I try to open a file folder with a lot of photos or
    > graphics in the folder the screen goes blank and Windows Explorer
    > resets. I can't pull up these files from any of my programs, Windows
    > Explorer or just by clicking through the files starting with My
    > Documents.
    >
    > Someone told me that it was a registry problem and had me go to Run
    > then type in "regsvr32 ntdll.dll" -- When I did that I got the
    > following error message "ntdll.dll was loaded, but the
    > DllRegisterServer entry point was not found. This file cannot be
    > registered."
    >
    > I am using a Toshiba Satellite Laptop with Windows XP Home (Svc Pack 2
    > Installed). I have a 1.40 GHz Intel Pentium M processor with 512 RAM
    > and way too much software on this thing -- mosly Microsoft and Adobe
    > stuff.
    >
    > Please help -- I can't do any work until this problem is fixed.

    > request
    > Topic URL:
    > http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-ntdll.dll-registry-problem-files-graphics-crash-ftopict542750.html

DLL Graphics Windows XP