Permissions

How do you edit permissions in XP Home SP2?

Articles on Windows site give directions using programs that don't exist
in XP Home and then at the bottom they say it is for XP Professional.
Can't seem to find instructions for XP Home. Going to Help and Support
and searching for Permissions leads to articles on Windows but as stated
they are for XP Professional ... not Home.

--
I don't hate Bush ... I hate what he DOES ... you're damned right I do.

No .. No .. I < do > hate Bush. I hate him BECAUSE of what he does.

So call me a proud Bush Hater.

[[If you are running Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, you must start the
computer in safe mode, and then log on with an account that has
Administrative rights to have access to the Security tab.]]

See this.......

Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:lv4pe.3235$7s.1750@fed1read01,
az-willie <sclause@npole.com> hunted and pecked:
> How do you edit permissions in XP Home SP2?
>
> Articles on Windows site give directions using programs that don't exist
> in XP Home and then at the bottom they say it is for XP Professional.
> Can't seem to find instructions for XP Home. Going to Help and Support
> and searching for Permissions leads to articles on Windows but as stated
> they are for XP Professional ... not Home.
>
> --
> I don't hate Bush ... I hate what he DOES ... you're damned right I do.
>
> No .. No .. I < do > hate Bush. I hate him BECAUSE of what he does.
>
> So call me a proud Bush Hater.

In addition to Wes.

How to set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions in Windows
XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308418

--
Ramesh Srinivasan