reinstalling XP over a current XP installation

Hi,

My current XP Sp2 installation has died,and will not in normal or safe mode.

I have many application already installed, and am hoping that I can somewho
reinstall XP from the CD and keep the applicatons working.

If I boot from the XPsp2 CD and do an 'upgrade' installation, will my
application, such as Office 2003, Visual Studio.net etc, remain, or will I
end up with what is basiclly a fresh install of windows, and have to
reinstall all applications again.

Thanks

dl

A repair installation should'nt impact on apps or data, just follow MS
instructions
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315341

"Aussie Rules" <someone@somewhere.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> My current XP Sp2 installation has died,and will not in normal or safe
mode.

> I have many application already installed, and am hoping that I can
somewho
> reinstall XP from the CD and keep the applicatons working.
>
> If I boot from the XPsp2 CD and do an 'upgrade' installation, will my
> application, such as Office 2003, Visual Studio.net etc, remain, or will I
> end up with what is basiclly a fresh install of windows, and have to
> reinstall all applications again.
>
> Thanks

Hi

Please see the following article by Michael Stevens regarding a 'Repair'
install of XP:

"How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install"

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups