nvidia vs. mfg driver

TopographicOcean

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2005
I just bought a Leadteck 6800 GT board which comes with a Leadtek customized driver and something called "WinFox".

Does any have an opinion as to whether it is better to stick with the leadtek drivers or use the straight nvidia driver and get rid of the leadtek add-ons? Is there any good FAQ or other docs as to the differences between the leadtek driver and the pure nvidia driver?

lik

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2004
imo you should install de leadtek one and the updatewith the lates nv ones. why? because in that case all features specific of your card will be enabled.

P4-2800->FSB800, Asus P4P800, 512DDR-400, Creative GeForce DDR (the first one lol)

Take_Out

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hi Topo, I just got a Leadtek 6800 vanilla, and tried to use the bios update and Winfox update service to no avail. There is a Bios available, however, to get it in using windows procedures, was impossible for me. The bios flashing using DOS seems to work for a lot of people, I havn't tried it yet. They are good ideas, but poor implemation, IMHO
Good Luck,
Take-Out
PS: There is a nice new driver available at their site, it is 67.03. This comes without the Winfox, as I recall.

"We killed OUR Hitler" - attributed to Paul McCartney (If so, then well done, sir)<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Take_Out on 02/14/05 12:53 PM.</EM></FONT></P>