Price Check: Omega Race

What's an Omega Race upright worth these days? Cabinet and artwork
appears to be in great shape but goes is no functional.
Thanks...
-Adam
====================
www.onecircuit.com
====================

$100-150

"ajcrm125" <ajcrm125@gmail.com> wrote in message
> What's an Omega Race upright worth these days? Cabinet and artwork
> appears to be in great shape but goes is no functional.
> Thanks...
> -Adam
> ====================
> www.onecircuit.com
> ====================

$300-$400. Definately worth more parted out. $175-225 for monitor. $200
for boardset.

> How 'bout if it's working?

Not working, maybe $50.

Working, maybe $250.

-Tim

Price checks on this forum are a joke. Nobody here will ever suggest a
game is worth its actual fair market price.

I disagree. I've got hundreds of games, and I have a pretty good idea of
what the CURRENT market value is on them. Of course, much of that depends
on location, etc. In most cases, I have the game in question, and the price
I mention is the price I would sell the game for.

"Corey C." <cooke@jory.ca> wrote in message
> Price checks on this forum are a joke. Nobody here will ever suggest a
> game is worth its actual fair market price.

And, I have watched a bunch of non-working complete Omega Race games
sell on eBay for $50 or less.

And, I have also watched a couple working Omega Race games sell on eBay
for $250 or less.

Parted out they, like most everything, are probably worth a lot more.

Heck, Mike (DarkMagister), just picked one up at a yard sale for $20.

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.games.video.arcade.collecting/browse_thread/thread/82cc92daa8625469/a71172a7a0980382?q=omega+race+yard&rnum=1&hl=en#a71172a7a0980382

I guess I missed your ideas on price Corey C., what are they?

-Tim

I parted out a water damaged upright machine for $75 not including the
cabinet.

Chas

http://home.comcast.net/~corvair/

ajcrm125 wrote:
> What's an Omega Race upright worth these days? Cabinet and artwork
> appears to be in great shape but goes is no functional.
> Thanks...
> -Adam
> ====================
> www.onecircuit.com
> ====================

I bought a non working but complete Omega Race on eBay local to me for
$80. The board was typical battery damage and the sad part was the
monitor needed major work. I think Chuck is dead on with the prices on
this game.

Todd

I am in the process of buying 4 Omega Race games: 2 uprights, 1
cocktail and 1 cockpit for $150 for the whole deal.

I haven't seen them, but am to believe that only one is in not good
condition.

Also, I have purchased 1 in the past for $35, only missing the control
panel and bezel.

-Tim

Considering that you can get $200 per for the monitors thats a hell of a
deal

--
Art
"mudmantim" <mudmantim@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I am in the process of buying 4 Omega Race games: 2 uprights, 1
> cocktail and 1 cockpit for $150 for the whole deal.
>
> I haven't seen them, but am to believe that only one is in not good
> condition.
>
> Also, I have purchased 1 in the past for $35, only missing the control
> panel and bezel.
>
> -Tim

I bought a COMPLETE non-working omega race and donated the parts to
someone on this board about 2 years ago, as long as they paid shipping.
I was only interested in the cabinet because it made an awesome MAME
cab. Yea I know... but whats someone to do without the knowledge and
know-how on repairing arcades... I got it for $40.00 and it was
complete.

I am going this weekend to, hopefully, pick them up. I will take
pictures of what $150 buys.

-Tim

I went and seen them and picked them up. All 4 for $150. I will get
some pictures up when I finally get the trailer unloaded.

-Tim

finish the mudman with mudmantim in the address, everything else looks
right.

Well I'm surprised. I think it would be sufficient to say that your
deal is the exception to the rule. You don't often find a four cabinet
lot for that kind of price, methinks - especially when at least one
actually works. Hell, I have to push and pull to get everything I
need/want for an "okay" price, let alone a really good one. I'd say you
took the seller for a ride on that deal.

On the other hand, the fact that Omega Race seems to be such a pain to
get working, perhaps there is simply no market for those cabs. But I
would certainly think that a working one would fetch a heck of a lot
more than $250-$300. But clearly I know nothing.

Yeah, I got quite a nice deal.

Along with that deal, I got an Astro Invader cocktail, Galaxian
cocktail, Space Invaders upright and a Super Shifter cockpit for $200
worth of drywall work.

I got the Astro Invader to work all ready. And the Galaxian just needs
a board, other that that it works. And I sent out the board to get
working. The Super Shifter lights up and there is sound but I haven't
really checked it out much. The Space Invaders appears to work,
mostly. I get the invaders sounds, but no firing sounds. But, I have
another boardset so that is no problem.

I would like to that Jeff for these great deals.

Thanks Jeff.

This deal fell in my lap, thanks to this post from pdale:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace/browse_thread/thread/796d461a41735e89/2f06ca57c1245d21?lnk=st&q=mudmantim@sbcglobal.net+omega+race&rnum=2&hl=en#2f06ca57c1245d21

I didn't get anything from him, but was contacted and got a much better
deal.

I just got lucky on these Corey, but I am glad I did.

-Tim

> for $200 worth of drywall work.

So now them "mudman" part becomes apparent :)

Alex
----
ayeckley@elektronforge.com
www.elektronforge.com

> I thought that was obvious.

Well, you could be into dirt track racing, or own a nude wrestling emporium ;-)

Alex
----
ayeckley@elektronforge.com
www.elektronforge.com

Nude wrestling emporium? Sounds interesting. Maybe after I get tired
of these damn arcade games.

-Tim