rivatuner question???

newdude

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2004
Just downloaded RivaTuner v2.0 RC 15.3 New Year Edition for my computer. I'm trying to find were it says what the temps of my video card are. I'm running a radeon 9800pro 256bit, 128mb card. were do i find it. ALso when i open riva tuner it says that RivaTuner has not been tested with your current driver. I'm using the latest catalyst friver from ATi. oh yeah, i have a Ati radeon 9800 pro card. Is it better to use RivaTuner to overclock your video card or the Omega Driver?? Thank you.

What kind of Radeon 9800Pro do you have? BuiltByATI?

If it's anything other than an ASUS or TYAN board, you won't have access to the the temperature information because there is no thermal diode on the other cards, and they are not setup to be read with standard software.

As for the overclocking issues, you can use RadLinker/RadClocker which comes with the Omega drivers (the driver tweaks themselves don't OC RadClocker/Linker does) and your should be fine. Very easy to use, somewhat more flexible. Also <A HREF="http://www.radeon2.ru/atitray/" target="_new">ATI TrayTools</A> works well for tweaking.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil: