Going into computer engineering and i am moving away from home and would like to take my favorite pc games with me
1.What is your budget?
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering
3. What screen resolution do you want
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Desktop Replacement (gtx 560 ti, 12 GB of RAM 1 TB Hard Drive)
5. How much battery life do you need?
enough to get through a class day 6-8 hours?
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Skyrim: Medium - High
Crysis 1 + 2: Medium - High
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
run all the programs i need for school
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
dvd rom (or Blu Ray)
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
anything other than alienware
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Non Glossy Screen
a nice GPU but not overkill (4 GIG 680M is overkill 670M is pushing it)
Can have ati or Nvidia GPU
Back-lit Keyboard (like lights on the lid too)
ASUS or alienware make good gaming laptops. Me personally I wouldn't spend that much on a laptop since they can last anywhere from 2-5 years but that's just me, of course if you take good care of it, it can last forever