I just bought new computer with fresh windows XP. But during (I think)
net surfing spy ware or third party scanning tools has installed. I
have one limited account and one administrator account in my commuter.
When I login through admin my desktop just open but its unable to
perform any action .even I can not see desktop properties because some
process make system too much busy or even I can not right click on
desktop. With this situation now I can not install, run or process any
thing even I can not create new profile or new user. While another
limited account is working fine.
Please can you suggest me how can I solve this problem. I can
reinstall operating system but my some important file on desktop but I
can not take backup from the desktop.
Thanks

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-XP-admin-Problem-ftopict543167.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1713195

You must insure that any malware is cleaned up, if you chose to keep this
setup.
If you need to save your critical documents, you should be able to copy them
in Safe mode --- just be sure those are "clean" too.

I recommend an article at Aumha.org on ways to cleanup parasites.
Follow the quick-fix protocol.
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm

Here are 2 tools from SysInternals that may help you get an insight on
what's running.
Autoruns (checks & shows what's set to auto-load at Windows startup)
http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/autoruns.shtml

Process Explorer http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/procexp.shtml

You likely will have to do cleanups in Safe mode, once you have downloaded
current definitions.
You should even use Safe Mode with Networking to do all this work.
Press F8 Function key as the pc is booting up so that you can see bootup
choices.

--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User