Rogers cuts Roaming to Fido customers!!!!

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
December 1, 2004 7:23:20 AM

Rogers is cancelling roaming for Fido $70 unlimited and City Fido customers
as of midnight tonight.

What's up!!!

They don't want to give the service to us because they are loosing money on
our plans!!!!

Why!!!
Al
Anonymous
December 1, 2004 7:51:44 AM

> Rogers is cancelling roaming for Fido $70 unlimited and City Fido
> customers
> as of midnight tonight.

Roaming, outside of FIDO's digital footprint was never offered to City Fido
subscribers. The "Country FIDO" plan, as some call it, did have access when
Rogers purchased Microcell, but the decision was soon taken to remove this
option (let's just say Rogers resellers (dealers) weren't that happy with
that plan..
Anonymous
December 2, 2004 10:47:06 PM

Just call and complain. Call the customer retention. They are feeling the
heat. They may grandfather the customers who have access to the Rogers
roaming as of Nov 30.

<malingerer@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Rogers is cancelling roaming for Fido $70 unlimited and City Fido
>> customers
>> as of midnight tonight.
>
> Roaming, outside of FIDO's digital footprint was never offered to City
> Fido subscribers. The "Country FIDO" plan, as some call it, did have
> access when Rogers purchased Microcell, but the decision was soon taken to
> remove this option (let's just say Rogers resellers (dealers) weren't that
> happy with that plan..

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
December 3, 2004 9:03:03 AM

Tobe wrote:

> Just call and complain. Call the customer retention. They are feeling the
> heat. They may grandfather the customers who have access to the Rogers
> roaming as of Nov 30.

Their web site clearly stated that CityFido would not have roaming onto Rogers.

Remember that free roaming on Rogers is just a free trail period. And the text
on the web site doesn't make it 100% clear that the $5.00 option that will
start when the free trial begins will allow you to use your plan minutes when
roaming on Rogers.

The free trial period included both free roaming, and use of plan minutes
while on Rogers. The text only spoke about roaming on Rogers for $5.00

So, my guess is that CityFido will be given right to roam on Rogers in
february for $5.00 extra, but every minute will be billed at 0.20 (as if you
were outside your city).
December 3, 2004 9:24:23 AM

On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 06:03:03 -0500, JF Mezei
<jfmezei.spamnot@teksavvy.com> wrote:

>The free trial period included both free roaming, and use of plan minutes
>while on Rogers. The text only spoke about roaming on Rogers for $5.00
>
>So, my guess is that CityFido will be given right to roam on Rogers in
>february for $5.00 extra, but every minute will be billed at 0.20 (as if you
>were outside your city).

Which is just what it *doesn't* say. CityFido and prepaid will not
have access to Rogers network. That's what it says. If you want to
interpret it another way fine, but the web site says specifically that
CityFido as well as prepaid do not have benefit of the Rogers network.

December 3, 2004 1:55:52 PM

Joseph wrote:
> Which is just what it *doesn't* say. CityFido and prepaid will not
> have access to Rogers network. That's what it says. If you want to
> interpret it another way fine, but the web site says specifically that
> CityFido as well as prepaid do not have benefit of the Rogers network.

The french version had the equivalent of a "YET" in that test, leaving the
door opened for it to happen in the future.

But my guess is that it will be a billable option.
December 3, 2004 4:02:16 PM

On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 10:55:52 -0500, JF Mezei
<jfmezei.spamnot@teksavvy.com> wrote:

>Joseph wrote:
>> Which is just what it *doesn't* say. CityFido and prepaid will not
>> have access to Rogers network. That's what it says. If you want to
>> interpret it another way fine, but the web site says specifically that
>> CityFido as well as prepaid do not have benefit of the Rogers network.
>
>The french version had the equivalent of a "YET" in that test, leaving the
>door opened for it to happen in the future.
>
>But my guess is that it will be a billable option.

I don't care about *yet* I care about what's available today.

December 3, 2004 9:24:19 PM

Joseph <JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 10:55:52 -0500, JF Mezei
><jfmezei.spamnot@teksavvy.com> wrote:
>
>>Joseph wrote:
>>> Which is just what it *doesn't* say. CityFido and prepaid will not
>>> have access to Rogers network. That's what it says. If you want to
>>> interpret it another way fine, but the web site says specifically that
>>> CityFido as well as prepaid do not have benefit of the Rogers network.
>>
>>The french version had the equivalent of a "YET" in that test, leaving the
>>door opened for it to happen in the future.
>>
>>But my guess is that it will be a billable option.
>
>I don't care about *yet* I care about what's available today.
>
>- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Well, what's available today might not be tomorrow ... yet !
--
EDgAr H.
thiothixene[at]gmail[dot]com

" What the flame does not consume, consumes the flame "
December 4, 2004 6:06:15 AM

I just got back from the Kisok, and they told me that they have had so much
of an oproar that all customers that signed up from Nov9 and 29 for the $70
month plan will have the roaming hooked back up on Monday or early next
week. Or you can call 611 to confirm that you will have it.

Al
"Joseph" <JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 10:55:52 -0500, JF Mezei
> <jfmezei.spamnot@teksavvy.com> wrote:
>
> >Joseph wrote:
> >> Which is just what it *doesn't* say. CityFido and prepaid will not
> >> have access to Rogers network. That's what it says. If you want to
> >> interpret it another way fine, but the web site says specifically that
> >> CityFido as well as prepaid do not have benefit of the Rogers network.
> >
> >The french version had the equivalent of a "YET" in that test, leaving
the
> >door opened for it to happen in the future.
> >
> >But my guess is that it will be a billable option.
>
> I don't care about *yet* I care about what's available today.

December 4, 2004 10:35:18 AM

only for those cx, not before nor after. just the ones who signed up under
that premise.

"Al" <heychicksblowme@shaw.ca> wrote in message
>I just got back from the Kisok, and they told me that they have had so
>much
> of an oproar that all customers that signed up from Nov9 and 29 for the
> $70
> month plan will have the roaming hooked back up on Monday or early next
> week. Or you can call 611 to confirm that you will have it.
>
> Al
> "Joseph" <JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 10:55:52 -0500, JF Mezei
>> <jfmezei.spamnot@teksavvy.com> wrote:

>> >The french version had the equivalent of a "YET" in that test, leaving
> the
>> >door opened for it to happen in the future.
>> >
>> >But my guess is that it will be a billable option.
>>
>> I don't care about *yet* I care about what's available today.

December 4, 2004 11:38:26 AM

On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 03:06:15 GMT, "Al" <heychicksblowme@shaw.ca>
wrote:

>I just got back from the Kisok,