Time and Day format in toolbar

Hi;

Until a couple of days ago, my toolbar showed the 24 hour clock. Just
the clock. "20:55", it said (at 20.55).

Now, it says "20:55" in small fonts at the top of the toolbar, and
"Tuesday" at the bottom. And if I increase the size of the toolbar, it
says "20:55", "Tuesday", and "07/06/2005".

I can't see any way of getting my old format back, and I haven't
installed anything in the last week or so.

Any ideas?

Cheers;

Tim
7 answers Last reply
More about time format toolbar

    It already is. I've tried reducing it to "0" lines; and then increasing
    it to "1"; but it still seems hell-bent on telling me what day it is!

    I assume the day and date have actually always been there; but I've
    been oblivious to them? Could that mean that the font size of my "time"
    has changed? Doh - stupid question, it's certainly smaller than it was
    - the time used to take up nearly the whole of the bar height; now it's
    just the top third).

    Tim

    Place your cursor on the edge of the toolbar.. when the double ended arrow
    appears, reduce the size to one 'line'..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    <pike_by_nature@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi;
    >
    > Until a couple of days ago, my toolbar showed the 24 hour clock. Just
    > the clock. "20:55", it said (at 20.55).
    >
    > Now, it says "20:55" in small fonts at the top of the toolbar, and
    > "Tuesday" at the bottom. And if I increase the size of the toolbar, it
    > says "20:55", "Tuesday", and "07/06/2005".
    >
    > I can't see any way of getting my old format back, and I haven't
    > installed anything in the last week or so.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Cheers;
    >

    > Tim

    <pike_by_nature@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi;
    >
    > Until a couple of days ago, my toolbar showed the 24 hour clock. Just
    > the clock. "20:55", it said (at 20.55).
    >
    > Now, it says "20:55" in small fonts at the top of the toolbar, and
    > "Tuesday" at the bottom. And if I increase the size of the toolbar, it
    > says "20:55", "Tuesday", and "07/06/2005".
    >
    > I can't see any way of getting my old format back, and I haven't
    > installed anything in the last week or so.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Have you tried reducing the size of the task bar down to the standard size?

    Woady

    Hi;

    Just to say, I've sorted it - "sort of". I increased the fint size in
    display panel to "large", and the "day" disappeared. When I decreased
    the font size back down to "normal", the day has stayed disappeared.

    I spend a lot of time telling "Users" that this sort of thing doesn't
    happen without their having messed with the machine - very irritating
    when it happens to me!!

    Tim

    Hi,

    How would i be able to make the toolbar get smaller?

    "pike_by_nature@hotmail.com" wrote:

    > Hi;
    >
    > Until a couple of days ago, my toolbar showed the 24 hour clock. Just
    > the clock. "20:55", it said (at 20.55).
    >
    > Now, it says "20:55" in small fonts at the top of the toolbar, and
    > "Tuesday" at the bottom. And if I increase the size of the toolbar, it
    > says "20:55", "Tuesday", and "07/06/2005".
    >
    > I can't see any way of getting my old format back, and I haven't
    > installed anything in the last week or so.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Cheers;
    >

    > Tim

    it did not work so i dont know what to do the screen is really big and you
    cant see the whole page.

    "pike_by_nature@hotmail.com" wrote:

    > Hi;
    >
    > Just to say, I've sorted it - "sort of". I increased the fint size in
    > display panel to "large", and the "day" disappeared. When I decreased
    > the font size back down to "normal", the day has stayed disappeared.
    >
    > I spend a lot of time telling "Users" that this sort of thing doesn't
    > happen without their having messed with the machine - very irritating
    > when it happens to me!!
    >

    > Tim

    but how would you make the toolbar smaller

    "Me" wrote:

    > <pike_by_nature@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi;
    > >
    > > Until a couple of days ago, my toolbar showed the 24 hour clock. Just
    > > the clock. "20:55", it said (at 20.55).
    > >
    > > Now, it says "20:55" in small fonts at the top of the toolbar, and
    > > "Tuesday" at the bottom. And if I increase the size of the toolbar, it
    > > says "20:55", "Tuesday", and "07/06/2005".
    > >
    > > I can't see any way of getting my old format back, and I haven't
    > > installed anything in the last week or so.
    > >
    > > Any ideas?
    > >

    > Have you tried reducing the size of the task bar down to the standard size?
    >
    > Woady

Microsoft Format Windows XP