Time and Day format in toolbar

June 7, 2005 3:55:10 PM

Hi;

Until a couple of days ago, my toolbar showed the 24 hour clock. Just
the clock. "20:55", it said (at 20.55).

Now, it says "20:55" in small fonts at the top of the toolbar, and
"Tuesday" at the bottom. And if I increase the size of the toolbar, it
says "20:55", "Tuesday", and "07/06/2005".

I can't see any way of getting my old format back, and I haven't
installed anything in the last week or so.

Any ideas?

Cheers;

Tim
Anonymous
June 7, 2005 6:15:36 PM

It already is. I've tried reducing it to "0" lines; and then increasing
it to "1"; but it still seems hell-bent on telling me what day it is!

I assume the day and date have actually always been there; but I've
been oblivious to them? Could that mean that the font size of my "time"
has changed? Doh - stupid question, it's certainly smaller than it was
- the time used to take up nearly the whole of the bar height; now it's
just the top third).

Tim
Anonymous
June 7, 2005 7:09:19 PM

Place your cursor on the edge of the toolbar.. when the double ended arrow
appears, reduce the size to one 'line'..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

<pike_by_nature@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi;
>
> Until a couple of days ago, my toolbar showed the 24 hour clock. Just
> the clock. "20:55", it said (at 20.55).
>
> Now, it says "20:55" in small fonts at the top of the toolbar, and
> "Tuesday" at the bottom. And if I increase the size of the toolbar, it
> says "20:55", "Tuesday", and "07/06/2005".
>
> I can't see any way of getting my old format back, and I haven't
> installed anything in the last week or so.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Cheers;
>

> Tim

Related resources
June 8, 2005 12:10:52 AM

<pike_by_nature@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi;
>
> Until a couple of days ago, my toolbar showed the 24 hour clock. Just
> the clock. "20:55", it said (at 20.55).
>
> Now, it says "20:55" in small fonts at the top of the toolbar, and
> "Tuesday" at the bottom. And if I increase the size of the toolbar, it
> says "20:55", "Tuesday", and "07/06/2005".
>
> I can't see any way of getting my old format back, and I haven't
> installed anything in the last week or so.
>
> Any ideas?

Have you tried reducing the size of the task bar down to the standard size?

Woady
Anonymous
June 9, 2005 6:50:09 AM

Hi;

Just to say, I've sorted it - "sort of". I increased the fint size in
display panel to "large", and the "day" disappeared. When I decreased
the font size back down to "normal", the day has stayed disappeared.

I spend a lot of time telling "Users" that this sort of thing doesn't
happen without their having messed with the machine - very irritating
when it happens to me!!

Tim
Anonymous
June 11, 2005 1:14:01 AM

Hi,

How would i be able to make the toolbar get smaller?

"pike_by_nature@hotmail.com" wrote:

> Hi;
>
> Until a couple of days ago, my toolbar showed the 24 hour clock. Just
> the clock. "20:55", it said (at 20.55).
>
> Now, it says "20:55" in small fonts at the top of the toolbar, and
> "Tuesday" at the bottom. And if I increase the size of the toolbar, it
> says "20:55", "Tuesday", and "07/06/2005".
>
> I can't see any way of getting my old format back, and I haven't
> installed anything in the last week or so.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Cheers;
>

> Tim

Anonymous
June 11, 2005 1:26:25 AM

it did not work so i dont know what to do the screen is really big and you
cant see the whole page.

"pike_by_nature@hotmail.com" wrote:

> Hi;
>
> Just to say, I've sorted it - "sort of". I increased the fint size in
> display panel to "large", and the "day" disappeared. When I decreased
> the font size back down to "normal", the day has stayed disappeared.
>
> I spend a lot of time telling "Users" that this sort of thing doesn't
> happen without their having messed with the machine - very irritating
> when it happens to me!!
>

> Tim

Anonymous
June 11, 2005 1:29:02 AM

but how would you make the toolbar smaller

!