Pete

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001

Lately, my volume icon is missing from the tray. It's annoying to have
to go to Programs/Accessories/Entertainment/Volume control every time I
want to change the volume (yes, I know - I could make a shortcut on my
desktop).

In the Taskbar properties, I have the Volume icon set to "Always show".
That doesn't help though. Strangely, in these Taskbar properties, all
the tray icon images are messed up. For example, the volume icon looks
like a little yellow folder, not like a little speaker.

Any ideas on how to get that icon back?

Thanks!

Pete

Win XP Home SP2

Andrew

Control panel...
Sounds and Audio Devices...
check - Place volume icon in the taskbar
-- Andrew--

"Pete" <escape2music@hotmail.com> wrote in message
| Lately, my volume icon is missing from the tray. It's annoying to have
| to go to Programs/Accessories/Entertainment/Volume control every time I
| want to change the volume (yes, I know - I could make a shortcut on my
| desktop).
|
| In the Taskbar properties, I have the Volume icon set to "Always show".
| That doesn't help though. Strangely, in these Taskbar properties, all
| the tray icon images are messed up. For example, the volume icon looks
| like a little yellow folder, not like a little speaker.
|
| Any ideas on how to get that icon back?
|
| Thanks!
|
| Pete
|
| Win XP Home SP2

Pete

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001

"Andrew" wrote
> Control panel...
> Sounds and Audio Devices...
> check - Place volume icon in the taskbar

Yup, I have that checked.

Also, some of my other icons are missing from the tray as well. Not
sure what's happening. I personally haven't made any changes.

Pete

Volume Control disappears: Save Settings on Exit (Line 54)
To use the Regedit: Save the REG File to your hard disk. Double click it and answer
yes to the import prompt. REG files can be viewed in Notepad by right clicking on the
file and selecting Edit.

Restore Volume and Net Icon to Notification Area (Line 320)

Troubleshooting the Volume Control Icon
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_v.htm#volume

"Pete" <escape2music@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Lately, my volume icon is missing from the tray. It's annoying to have to go to
> Programs/Accessories/Entertainment/Volume control every time I want to change the
> volume (yes, I know - I could make a shortcut on my desktop).
>
> In the Taskbar properties, I have the Volume icon set to "Always show". That
> doesn't help though. Strangely, in these Taskbar properties, all the tray icon
> images are messed up. For example, the volume icon looks like a little yellow
> folder, not like a little speaker.
>
> Any ideas on how to get that icon back?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Pete
>
> Win XP Home SP2

Please see my post above "Taskbar Icon Issue" I believe it is the same
issue.

-David Rios

"Pete" <escape2music@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Lately, my volume icon is missing from the tray. It's annoying to have to
> go to Programs/Accessories/Entertainment/Volume control every time I want
> to change the volume (yes, I know - I could make a shortcut on my
> desktop).
>
> In the Taskbar properties, I have the Volume icon set to "Always show".
> That doesn't help though. Strangely, in these Taskbar properties, all the
> tray icon images are messed up. For example, the volume icon looks like a
> little yellow folder, not like a little speaker.
>
> Any ideas on how to get that icon back?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Pete
>
> Win XP Home SP2

I just found out today after losing some of my tray icons, including the
volume icon, how to fix them all very easily.
Just "log off" and "log back on" and all your startup icons are restored. I
know, sounds too easy, but it works.
--
Retired Boeing Bill

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=841571