Trying to find a laptop capable of playing Guild Wars 2 at a decent frame rate on low settings for $500. Any help is greatly appreciated.
GW2 min req:
CPU: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, Core i3, AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 or better
GPU: NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800, ATI Radeon™ X1800, Intel HD 3000 or better (256MB of video RAM and shader model 3.0 or better
1. What is your budget?
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
3. What screen resolution do you want?
No worse than 1366x768
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Guild Wars 2 (35-40fps on low settings)
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
General web browsing
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
Enough for a clean 64 bit windows 7 installation, GW2 (25gig), and basic misc software. ~250gig
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. www.Newegg.com
open to any suggestions
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I don't care for any product that is made by Toshiba. Any thing else is fair game.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I am trying to pick out a laptop for a friend. The main task f this laptop would be to play guild wars 2 on low setting at a playable frame rate.