icons

June 8, 2005 3:57:44 AM

Can anyone help me? I have suddenly lost all the icons that have alwas
appeared in 2 columns on the left of the screen when I switch on. Holw do i
restore these icons?

More about : icons

Anonymous
June 8, 2005 3:57:45 AM

Right click Desktop | Arrange Icons By | Check: Show Desktop Icons
---

Right click Desktop | Arrange Icons By |
Check: Auto Arrange

Auto Arrange
[[Arrange the icons in columns along the left side of your screen.]]
----

See if you have a folder called Unused Desktop Shortcuts, if so...

When the Desktop Cleanup Wizard runs, it places unused shortcuts into a
folder on the desktop called Unused Desktop Shortcuts. However, if you want,
these shortcuts can be recovered from this folder.

Right-click a blank spot on the desktop, and then click Properties to open
the Display Properties dialog box.
Click the Desktop tab.
Click Customize desktop to open the Desktop Items dialog box.
Click to clear the Run Desktop Cleanup Wizard every 60 days check box.
Click OK twice to close the dialog boxes.
-----

A Description of the Desktop Cleanup Wizard
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;293154

HOW TO: Use the Desktop Cleanup Wizard in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306542

HOW TO: Disable the Automatic Desktop Cleanup Feature in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320154

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes