Need help in deleting a system folder

June 8, 2005 12:17:37 AM

Hi to all Windows gurus!

Here's my problems. I have two folders on drive c: left over from logical
drive merging with drive c:. These folders ended up with the System Volume
Information folders in them. WinXp won't allow me (naturally) to delete
these folders. So are there ways to bypass the WinXp security and delete
these folders.
Thanks much for any prompts in advance.

More about : deleting system folder

Anonymous
June 8, 2005 10:52:03 AM

Hi,

To delete the folders you must:

a) Turn off system restore on the drives where the folders are located. This
is done from the system applet in the control panel (System Restore tab).

b) Take ownership of the folders themselves. Please see this link on "taking
ownership" of a folder:
http://rickrogers.org/fixes.htm#Taking_ownership

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Serge" <noaddress@noaddress.net> wrote in message
> Hi to all Windows gurus!
>
> Here's my problems. I have two folders on drive c: left over from logical
> drive merging with drive c:. These folders ended up with the System Volume
> Information folders in them. WinXp won't allow me (naturally) to delete
> these folders. So are there ways to bypass the WinXp security and delete
> these folders.
> Thanks much for any prompts in advance.

Anonymous
June 9, 2005 12:21:53 AM

Thanks a lot Rick, that worked perfectly.
!