Williams Stargate upper rear panel

Does anyone have access to their Stargates' back panel? I am looking
for the measurements on the keyhole for the upper back panel. How far
down from the top is it? Sure, I'm going to presume it's just dead
center from left to right, but I need the measurement from top to
bottom.
One other question, is the 5/8" hole straight through or is it
countersunk using a forstner bit with a larger diameter first?
Thanks,
Rod

It is centered left to right with the top of the hole at 1.5" down and
bottem at 2.75" (1.25" hole)

I took some pics of mine and posted them to help you out...

http://home.comcast.net/~mtpacifico/images/rear_door1.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~mtpacifico/images/rear_door2.jpg

Let me know if you need anything else...

- Mike

"Zinfer" <rmassman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone have access to their Stargates' back panel? I am looking
> for the measurements on the keyhole for the upper back panel. How far
> down from the top is it? Sure, I'm going to presume it's just dead
> center from left to right, but I need the measurement from top to
> bottom.
> One other question, is the 5/8" hole straight through or is it
> countersunk using a forstner bit with a larger diameter first?
> Thanks,
> Rod

Thanks for the pics. That helps a bunch. I was right that it was
countersunk. However on your measurements, that would mean that the
securing post would have to be about 2 1/8" long. But then after
looking at the photo, your post doesn't extend to the panels' edge.
After further examining my cabinet I also found that it looks like
someone may have trimmed the slotted portion off the bracket off
entirely.
Going to have to pick up a 1.25" Forstner bit as all I have is a
1-1/8", but I'm going to presume it's a 5/8" hole for the actual lock.
I guess I could make this work, but it'd be nice to have the original
slotted plate. Matter of fact the whole back panel assembly. If
anyone has the rear panel metal plate that'd be great but I don't
suppose it's all that important as most locksets come with a round
backplate that draws into the wood. I wasn't even paying attention to
the absense of the slot on the bracket. Man, what hackers/converters
won't do...

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 17:28:41 -0400, "Michael Roman"
<michael.pacifico@comcast.net> wrote:

>It is centered left to right with the top of the hole at 1.5" down and
>bottem at 2.75" (1.25" hole)
>
>I took some pics of mine and posted them to help you out...
>
>http://home.comcast.net/~mtpacifico/images/rear_door1.jpg
>http://home.comcast.net/~mtpacifico/images/rear_door2.jpg
>
>Let me know if you need anything else...
>
>- Mike
>
>"Zinfer" <rmassman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Does anyone have access to their Stargates' back panel? I am looking
>> for the measurements on the keyhole for the upper back panel. How far
>> down from the top is it? Sure, I'm going to presume it's just dead
>> center from left to right, but I need the measurement from top to
>> bottom.
>> One other question, is the 5/8" hole straight through or is it
>> countersunk using a forstner bit with a larger diameter first?
>> Thanks,
>> Rod

Yeah, the metal securing post in the pics doesnt have the length to lock in
place. I am sure that it is not the original... but the measurements are
right.

> Thanks for the pics. That helps a bunch. I was right that it was
> countersunk. However on your measurements, that would mean that the
> securing post would have to be about 2 1/8" long. But then after
> looking at the photo, your post doesn't extend to the panels' edge.
> After further examining my cabinet I also found that it looks like
> someone may have trimmed the slotted portion off the bracket off
> entirely.
> Going to have to pick up a 1.25" Forstner bit as all I have is a
> 1-1/8", but I'm going to presume it's a 5/8" hole for the actual lock.
> I guess I could make this work, but it'd be nice to have the original
> slotted plate. Matter of fact the whole back panel assembly. If
> anyone has the rear panel metal plate that'd be great but I don't
> suppose it's all that important as most locksets come with a round
> backplate that draws into the wood. I wasn't even paying attention to
> the absense of the slot on the bracket. Man, what hackers/converters
> won't do...
>
> On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 17:28:41 -0400, "Michael Roman"
> <michael.pacifico@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>It is centered left to right with the top of the hole at 1.5" down and
>>bottem at 2.75" (1.25" hole)
>>
>>I took some pics of mine and posted them to help you out...
>>
>>http://home.comcast.net/~mtpacifico/images/rear_door1.jpg
>>http://home.comcast.net/~mtpacifico/images/rear_door2.jpg
>>
>>Let me know if you need anything else...
>>
>>- Mike
>>
>>"Zinfer" <rmassman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Does anyone have access to their Stargates' back panel? I am looking
>>> for the measurements on the keyhole for the upper back panel. How far
>>> down from the top is it? Sure, I'm going to presume it's just dead
>>> center from left to right, but I need the measurement from top to
>>> bottom.
>>> One other question, is the 5/8" hole straight through or is it
>>> countersunk using a forstner bit with a larger diameter first?
>>> Thanks,
>>> Rod

I have several but you're not getting any:)~

As a matter of fact, I have at least complete upper back panel from a
Stargate, one lower panel too. Would you like to see what one looks
like?

Zinfer wrote:
> [...]

>> I guess I could make this work, but it'd be nice to have the original
>> slotted plate. Matter of fact the whole back panel assembly. If
>> anyone has the rear panel metal plate that'd be great but I don't
>> suppose it's all that important as most locksets come with a round
>> backplate that draws into the wood. I wasn't even paying attention to
>> the absense of the slot on the bracket. Man, what hackers/converters
>> won't do...
>>
>> On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 17:28:41 -0400, "Michael Roman"
>> <michael.pacifico@comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>>>It is centered left to right with the top of the hole at 1.5" down and
>>>bottem at 2.75" (1.25" hole)
>>>
>>>I took some pics of mine and posted them to help you out...
>>>
>>>http://home.comcast.net/~mtpacifico/images/rear_door1.jpg
>>>http://home.comcast.net/~mtpacifico/images/rear_door2.jpg
>>>
>>>Let me know if you need anything else...

Believe me Mike, if you have it-I wouldn't want it. If I can't find
it, I'll fabricate it. Not a big deal Slick. But unless I miss my
guess this part will be floating around out there and someone would
much rather see it used on an original Stargate Cabinet than throwing
it away. In your case you can throw it all away as I wouldn't want
something that touched your filthy hands. :)~

On 18 Jul 2005 15:42:59 -0700, "AubHtr@aol.com" <AubHtr@aol.com>
wrote:

>I have several but you're not getting any:)~
>
>As a matter of fact, I have at least complete upper back panel from a
>Stargate, one lower panel too. Would you like to see what one looks
>like?
>
>Zinfer wrote:
>> This is more for AubHtr's read than anything else. Thought I'd ask if
>> anyone had a backpanel slotted bracket to replace the one someone
>> hacked on my cabinet. If anyone has one please let me know.
>> Have a great day you miserable SOB Mike. :0
>>
>> On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 21:13:03 -0400, "Michael Roman"
>> <michael.pacifico@comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>> >Yeah, the metal securing post in the pics doesnt have the length to lock in
>> >place. I am sure that it is not the original... but the measurements are
>> >right.
>> >
>> >Let me know if you need anything else..
>> >
>> >- Mike
>> >

>> >"Zinfer" <rmassman@hotmail.com> wrote in message

much rather see it used on an original Stargate Cabinet than throwing
it away<<<<<<

Like I've said at least once, or maybe a hundred times, you are always
looking for something for nothing and you are normally begging for it.

Congratulations, you've finally found what you are good at. Everybody
needs to be # 1 at something:)