Wigan challenge

Well my top flight game got boring after winning La Liga with Barcelona,
so discussing with Dave (aka Hamish) I've draw my next challenge
Will load only top 2 divisions in England, do the promotion/relegation
moves and add the aledged 20M to Wigan

Can you give me any hints on actual Wigan squad?

tks in advance

--
Eduardo Liguori
EPL Champion

Usando o M2, revolucionário cliente de correio do Opera:
http://www.opera.com/m2/

On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 21:17:50 +0100, Chopsy
<msrfx@getrid.tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

>On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 15:14:15 -0300, "Eduardo Liguori"
><eduliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
>
>>Well my top flight game got boring after winning La Liga with Barcelona,
>>so discussing with Dave (aka Hamish) I've draw my next challenge
>>Will load only top 2 divisions in England, do the promotion/relegation
>>moves and add the aledged 20M to Wigan
>>
>>Can you give me any hints on actual Wigan squad?

(Snip)

Oh, and two final things.

Rivals: You want to be beating Bolton and Man City.

Kaiser Dave is patient with Paul Jewell because PJ is the Messiah. He
won't be patient with you. Be warned.

Em Mon, 06 Jun 2005 21:27:15 +0100, Chopsy <msrfx@getrid.tiscali.co.uk>
escreveu:

> On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 21:17:50 +0100, Chopsy
> <msrfx@getrid.tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 15:14:15 -0300, "Eduardo Liguori"
>> <eduliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
>>
>>> Well my top flight game got boring after winning La Liga with
>>> Barcelona,
>>> so discussing with Dave (aka Hamish) I've draw my next challenge
>>> Will load only top 2 divisions in England, do the promotion/relegation
>>> moves and add the aledged 20M to Wigan
>>>
>>> Can you give me any hints on actual Wigan squad?
>
> (Snip)
>
> Oh, and two final things.
>
> Rivals: You want to be beating Bolton and Man City.
>
> Kaiser Dave is patient with Paul Jewell because PJ is the Messiah. He
> won't be patient with you. Be warned.

I am. Tks :)

--
Eduardo Liguori
EPL Champion
Chelsea Football Club

Usando o M2, revolucionário cliente de correio do Opera:
http://www.opera.com/m2/

On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 17:35:01 -0300, "Eduardo Liguori"
<eduliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

>Em Mon, 06 Jun 2005 21:27:15 +0100, Chopsy <msrfx@getrid.tiscali.co.uk>
>escreveu:

>> Kaiser Dave is patient with Paul Jewell because PJ is the Messiah. He
>> won't be patient with you. Be warned.

>I am. Tks :)

No worries Edu. Good luck! Bring glory to the JJB!

Em Mon, 06 Jun 2005 21:40:09 +0100, Chopsy <msrfx@getrid.tiscali.co.uk>
escreveu:

> On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 17:35:01 -0300, "Eduardo Liguori"
> <eduliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
>
>> Em Mon, 06 Jun 2005 21:27:15 +0100, Chopsy <msrfx@getrid.tiscali.co.uk>
>> escreveu:
>
>>> Kaiser Dave is patient with Paul Jewell because PJ is the Messiah. He
>>> won't be patient with you. Be warned.

>> I am. Tks :)
>
> No worries Edu. Good luck! Bring glory to the JJB!

if you want I will report my steps, pls be aware I'm a traditional 442
manager
and I depend on a reliable creative AMC plus two great wingers, hope both
strikers will fit my scheeme, as I don't want to burn the club.
IRL I've notice Latics haven't push hard on attendances despite JJB 25,000
cap, trust they will support us at EPL.

the 20M is loaned or injected? I'd like to make it the most close to IRL.

sorry for letting PJ out, but what else can I do? Maybe hire him as Foot
Dir? :)

if we avoid relegation I will be very pleased

do you know if JJB has expansion capacity?

cheers
--
Eduardo Liguori
EPL Champion
Chelsea Football Club

Usando o M2, revolucionário cliente de correio do Opera:
http://www.opera.com/m2/

On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 17:46:30 -0300, "Eduardo Liguori"
<eduliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

>if you want I will report my steps, pls be aware I'm a traditional 442
>manager
>and I depend on a reliable creative AMC plus two great wingers, hope both
>strikers will fit my scheeme, as I don't want to burn the club.

Jimmy will fit the bill at AMC. He's never been injured since joining
the club. If you can coax good performances out of Teale, he will also
do a job for you.

>IRL I've notice Latics haven't push hard on attendances despite JJB 25,000
>cap, trust they will support us at EPL.

It's only 25 years since we were a non-league side, and it's right in
the middle of the catchment areas of a whole load of Premiership
clubs. Realistically, I think we're hoping to break 20,000 as an
average next season, but I think crowds will be similar to Fulham's
(around the 19k average).

>the 20M is loaned or injected? I'd like to make it the most close to IRL.

Injected. Dave Whelan, the owner of the club, is also the owner of
sportswear manufacturers JJB Sport. He was a professional footballer
himself, and his career ended when he broke his leg playing for
Blackburn in the 1961 FA Cup Final. He used the insurance payout to
set up a market stall in Wigan, and the rest is history. He's now one
of the richest club chairmen in England.

>do you know if JJB has expansion capacity?

There's spare land, so in theory it might be possible. However, I'm
not sure it would be easy with the current stadium design.

If we needed a new stadium, DW would probably buy us one! Our old
ground, Springfield Park.....now, there was a great ground, but fully
befitting a non-league outfit....

On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 21:27:15 +0100, Chopsy
<msrfx@getrid.tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

>On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 21:17:50 +0100, Chopsy
><msrfx@getrid.tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 15:14:15 -0300, "Eduardo Liguori"
>><eduliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
>>
>>>Well my top flight game got boring after winning La Liga with Barcelona,
>>>so discussing with Dave (aka Hamish) I've draw my next challenge
>>>Will load only top 2 divisions in England, do the promotion/relegation
>>>moves and add the aledged 20M to Wigan
>>>
>>>Can you give me any hints on actual Wigan squad?
>
>(Snip)
>
>Oh, and two final things.
>
>Rivals: You want to be beating Bolton and Man City.
>
>Kaiser Dave is patient with Paul Jewell because PJ is the Messiah. He
>won't be patient with you. Be warned.

And two more things!

I've just checked the game, and there are two other players in the
squad.

1. Per Frandsen. Per's career ended early in the season when his
cruciates went in the match against Sheffield United. A crying shame.
I have no hesitation in saying that if he had stayed fit, we would
have won the division (and quite early), as he had run every game he'd
played in up until then. A superb, professional, Premiership class
playmaker, but with only one or two seasons left in him.

2. Andreas Johanssen. Swedish winger, bought in January. I'm told he
is a very good player, but Jewell doesn't like changing a winning
team, and has waited for Andreas to settle. It's unusual for an
expensive international to ride the pine for half a season, so rumours
have been rife, but Johanssen has kept quiet and is bound to feature
next season. But I can't tell you if he's good or not. I can only
assume he is.

Em Mon, 06 Jun 2005 22:57:22 +0100, Chopsy <msrfx@getrid.tiscali.co.uk>
escreveu:

> On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 17:46:30 -0300, "Eduardo Liguori"
> <eduliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
>

>> if you want I will report my steps, pls be aware I'm a traditional 442
>> manager
>> and I depend on a reliable creative AMC plus two great wingers, hope
>> both
>> strikers will fit my scheeme, as I don't want to burn the club.
>
> Jimmy will fit the bill at AMC. He's never been injured since joining
> the club. If you can coax good performances out of Teale, he will also
> do a job for you.

well after the first days and few signings he is still my creative man on
squad

>> IRL I've notice Latics haven't push hard on attendances despite JJB
>> 25,000
>> cap, trust they will support us at EPL.
>
> It's only 25 years since we were a non-league side, and it's right in
> the middle of the catchment areas of a whole load of Premiership
> clubs. Realistically, I think we're hoping to break 20,000 as an
> average next season, but I think crowds will be similar to Fulham's
> (around the 19k average).

following the news on BBC, I've changed avg att from 7 to 14k on edit.
and of course changed max att to fit JJB max cap of 35k

>> the 20M is loaned or injected? I'd like to make it the most close to
>> IRL.
>
> Injected. Dave Whelan, the owner of the club, is also the owner of
> sportswear manufacturers JJB Sport. He was a professional footballer
> himself, and his career ended when he broke his leg playing for
> Blackburn in the 1961 FA Cup Final. He used the insurance payout to
> set up a market stall in Wigan, and the rest is history. He's now one
> of the richest club chairmen in England.

well the game had 25M balance, so I've added another 20M and let it all
(20M) available for transfers

>> do you know if JJB has expansion capacity?
>
> There's spare land, so in theory it might be possible. However, I'm
> not sure it would be easy with the current stadium design.
>
> If we needed a new stadium, DW would probably buy us one! Our old
> ground, Springfield Park.....now, there was a great ground, but fully
> befitting a non-league outfit....

have left it as it is, 25k with expansion to 35k

in another message I will tell my first market results

cheers

--

Em Mon, 06 Jun 2005 23:23:14 +0100, Chopsy <msrfx@getrid.tiscali.co.uk>
escreveu:

> On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 21:27:15 +0100, Chopsy
> <msrfx@getrid.tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 21:17:50 +0100, Chopsy
>> <msrfx@getrid.tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

>> (Snip)
>>
>> Oh, and two final things.
>>
>> Rivals: You want to be beating Bolton and Man City.
>>
>> Kaiser Dave is patient with Paul Jewell because PJ is the Messiah. He
>> won't be patient with you. Be warned.
>
> And two more things!
>
> I've just checked the game, and there are two other players in the
> squad.
>
> 1. Per Frandsen. Per's career ended early in the season when his
> cruciates went in the match against Sheffield United. A crying shame.
> I have no hesitation in saying that if he had stayed fit, we would
> have won the division (and quite early), as he had run every game he'd
> played in up until then. A superb, professional, Premiership class
> playmaker, but with only one or two seasons left in him.

have noticed he is in, but due his stats he is more like to be a back-up
player
and I won't offer a contract extension

> 2. Andreas Johanssen. Swedish winger, bought in January. I'm told he
> is a very good player, but Jewell doesn't like changing a winning
> team, and has waited for Andreas to settle. It's unusual for an
> expensive international to ride the pine for half a season, so rumours
> have been rife, but Johanssen has kept quiet and is bound to feature
> next season. But I can't tell you if he's good or not. I can only
> assume he is.

he will be there and will face tough competition as I've hired some good
midfielders...

--
Eduardo Liguori
EPL Champion
Chelsea Football Club

Usando o M2, revolucionário cliente de correio do Opera:
http://www.opera.com/m2/

Wigan Athletics, West Ham and Sunderland were promoted (by force) a year
before to emulate next season EPL.
Crystal Palace, Norwich and Southampton duly relegated.

Paul Jewel after the great achievement was "upgraded" to General Manager
and Eduardo Liguori appointed Latics manager to the season.

As promised by "Kaiser Dave", extra 20M were added on club, 100% available
for transfers.
Liguori received a competent report from consultant Mr. Chopsy and gone to
the market to build a squad that could avoid relegation and create the
structure good enough for a long run at EPL.

GK Stipe Pletikosa (to be confirmed)/Filan/Walsh
DR (still trying to sign a good one)/Eaden/Wright
DL Baines/McMillan (injured for 4 months at start)
DC Breckin/Vagner Leonardelli (young Brazilian from Bahia signed for 50k)
DC Jackson/Emerson Thome/(would like to try to sign another one, but might
have no money for it)
AMR Solli (we've beat the likes of Real Madrid and Barcelona bids to sign
this hot prospect Norwegian)/Teale/Johansson
AML Bierofka (the versatile winger came from Leverkusen for 350k)/Mahon
MC Scott Parker (the high profile midfielder was the great addition that
the board expected, fans are extactic with his signing)/Kavanagh/Jarret
(injured for 4 months at start)
AMC Bullard/Patrick Berger (the experienced midfielder was a good addition
and can play left too)/Whalley/Frandsen
SC Ellington/Graham
SC Ivica Olic (this high prospect Croatian might become the new star up
front, traditional succesful duo from Wigan will rotate with capacity to
survive high pressure of EPL)/Roberts

Staff:
2nd Assistant Manager, legendary Brazilian striker Careca. The former
Napoli/Brazilian Intl will be the right arm of Liguori management.
Coaches - GK Bryan Robson + Wendell (actual Brazilian GK coach)
FT Roger Spray
GN Tony Parkes
TC Brian Kidd + Sammy Lee
all former staff were saved.

Liguori tried to sign Steve Watson from Everton, but the right full-back
prefered to extend his contract with the blues. Maurice Ross might be
signed as the Dutch International Fernando Ricksen was denied by Gers to
join Latics. Before the window closes Liguori promises to add a new DR.
We will try either to attract the Belgium youngster Vanden Borre.

--

Eduardo Liguori wrote:
> Well my top flight game got boring after winning La Liga with
> Barcelona, so discussing with Dave (aka Hamish) I've draw my next
> challenge
> Will load only top 2 divisions in England, do the promotion/relegation
> moves and add the aledged 20M to Wigan
>
> Can you give me any hints on actual Wigan squad?
>
> tks in advance

Make sure you beat St Helens, Bradford and Leeds?

Oh, and don't let your captain cross-codes!!!

Oops - that's Wigan Warriors!!!

--
Champions!!!!

The Records...

Most Points - 95
Most Wins - 29
Least Goals conceded - 15
Most Cleansheets - 25
Most Consecutive Away Wins - 9
Longest time without conceding a goal - 1024 minutes

Number of bitter opposition fans - MILLIONS!!!!!

> Kav will sit back and dictate play, Jimmy will push forward and wreak
> havoc around the edge of the area.

Well, if you in the Chmapionship they might.

Em Tue, 7 Jun 2005 16:46:33 +0100, Marc Robbins
<marc@NOSPAMrobbins46.freeserve.co.uk> escreveu:

>> Kav will sit back and dictate play, Jimmy will push forward and wreak
>> havoc around the edge of the area.
>
> Well, if you in the Chmapionship they might.

that's something I'm afraid off, if they can hold at the top.

--
Eduardo Liguori
EPL Champion
Chelsea Football Club

Usando o M2, revolucionário cliente de correio do Opera:
http://www.opera.com/m2/

squad updated

> GK Stipe Pletikosa/Filan/Walsh
> DR Gary Campbell (from Hibs)/Eaden/Wright
> DL Baines/McMillan
> DC Breckin/Ian Murray (from Hibs)/Vagner Leonardelli
> DC Jackson/Emerson Thome
> AMR Solli/Teale/Johansson
> AML Bierofka/Mahon
> MC Scott Parker/Kavanagh/Jarret
> AMC Bullard/Patrick Berger/Whalley/Frandsen
> SC Ellington/Graham/forget the name of the left footed striker that was
> at the squad...
> SC Ivica Olic/Roberts/

the start was not so good, first two matches yet without Stipe we lost
@Blackburn 2 x 0, and also lost at home to Liverpool 2 x 0.
With Pletikosa we draw at home with Portsmouth 1 x 1 (Breckin header after
a corner)

I'm afraid it will be a struggling season...

--
Eduardo Liguori
EPL Champion
Chelsea Football Club

Usando o M2, revolucionário cliente de correio do Opera:
http://www.opera.com/m2/

Em Wed, 08 Jun 2005 10:27:14 -0300, Eduardo Liguori
<eduliguori@yahoo.com.br> escreveu:

> squad updated
>>
>> GK Pletikosa/Filan/Walsh
>> DR G Caldwell/Eaden/Wright
>> DL Baines/McMillan
>> DC Breckin/I Murray/V Leonardelli
>> DC Jackson/E Thome
>> AMR Solli/Teale/Johansson
>> AML Bierofka/Mahon
>> MC S Parker/Kavanagh/Jarret
>> AMC Bullard/P Berger/Whalley/Frandsen
>> SC Ellington/Graham/Mc Cullough SC Ivica Olic/Roberts/

16th 1/2/3 6/9 -3 5 pts after 6 matches
results so far:
0:2 @Swansea
2:0 @Livingston
2:0 @St.Johnstone
3:0 @Colchester
3:0 @Montrose
_________________
0:2 @Blackburn
0:1 x Liverpool
1:1 x Portsmouth
0:0 x Newcastle
2:3 @Birmingham
3:2 x Fulham
-----------------
2:0 x Shrewsbury (Carling Cup)
-----------------

after been playing so long with top clubs, it is very funny to celebrate a
draw with toons :)

--
Eduardo Liguori
EPL Champion
Chelsea Football Club

Usando o M2, revolucionário cliente de correio do Opera:
http://www.opera.com/m2/

On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 09:44:07 -0300, "Eduardo Liguori"
<eduliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

>3:2 x Fulham

We always beat Fulham.

Em Thu, 09 Jun 2005 18:00:12 +0100, Chopsy <msrfx@getrid.tiscali.co.uk>
escreveu:

> On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 09:44:07 -0300, "Eduardo Liguori"
> <eduliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
>

>> 3:2 x Fulham
>
> We always beat Fulham.

nice to maintain the tradition

--
Eduardo Liguori
EPL Champion
Chelsea Football Club

Usando o M2, revolucionário cliente de correio do Opera:
http://www.opera.com/m2/

squad updated

GK Pletikosa/Filan/Walsh
DR G Caldwell/Eaden/Wright
DL Baines/McMillan
DC I Murray/Breckin
DC Jackson/V Leonardelli/E Thome
AMR Solli/Teale/Johansson
AML Bierofka/Mahon
MC S Parker/Kavanagh/Whalley/Jarret
AMC Bullard/P Berger/Frandsen
SC Ellington/Mc Cullough/Graham
SC Ivica Olic/Roberts

14th 4/2/5 14/17 -3 14 pts after 11 matches
results so far:
0:2 @Swansea
2:0 @Livingston
2:0 @St.Johnstone
3:0 @Colchester
3:0 @Montrose
_________________
0:2 @Blackburn
0:1 x Liverpool
1:1 x Portsmouth
0:0 x Newcastle
2:3 @Birmingham
3:2 x Fulham
-----------------
2:0 x Shrewsbury (Carling Cup)
-----------------
0:2 @Tottenham
3:1 x West Brom
2:1 @Middlesbrough
3:2 x Everton
0:2 @ Bolton

A nice run, but sadly ended with the loss to arch-rivals

The board is pleased now, and surprised with our good position.
Allardyce had fired against me that we will be relegated, mind games, but
we're confident to stay put on EPL.
Ellington scored a hat-trick x WBA, and is now my top scorer with 5 goals
We lost 3 PK out of 5 and it really pissed me
Pletikosa run out of the box while the ball was going to the PK mark in a
cross! It just amused me, bug? Or Stipe was under Bosnich influence? :)
Murray is becoming one of my favourites, and Bierofka is the top rated
player (8.00 avg)
Teale has been a deception, Johansson is pushing him down to 3rd choice.
Mahon is upset, but the german winger don't give him any chance to go into
the squad.
Roberts scored only twice yet, and had some chances with Ivica injury.
Gary Caldwell is playing very well and it seems he will rule the right
back.
Parker is not really a marking man, but I can't afford to drop Bullard.

that's it for today

--
Eduardo Liguori
EPL Champion
Chelsea Football Club

Usando o M2, revolucionário cliente de correio do Opera:
http://www.opera.com/m2/

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 10:02:56 -0300, "Eduardo Liguori"
<eduliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

>-----------------
>0:2 @Tottenham
>3:1 x West Brom
>2:1 @Middlesbrough
>3:2 x Everton
>0:2 @ Bolton
>
>A nice run, but sadly ended with the loss to arch-rivals
>
>The board is pleased now, and surprised with our good position.
>Allardyce had fired against me that we will be relegated, mind games, but
>we're confident to stay put on EPL.

Allardyce is a bell end. Also, Bolton don't like us much either and
are hardly likely to give us praise. There are some rather naughty fan
antics in both clubs' 80s pasts which neither forget.

>Ellington scored a hat-trick x WBA, and is now my top scorer with 5 goals
>We lost 3 PK out of 5 and it really pissed me

Ha! That's unusual because the Duke is regarded as lethal on PKs.

>Pletikosa run out of the box while the ball was going to the PK mark in a
>cross! It just amused me, bug? Or Stipe was under Bosnich influence? :)

Possibly! Pleased you got Stipe because I like him as a keeper, but
isn't he a bit of a loony?

>Teale has been a deception

Heh. Just wait until you're about to drop him and he single-handedly
tears a team to shreds. Then you'll know how Paul Jewell feels ;-).

> Allardyce is a bell end. Also, Bolton don't like us much either and
> are hardly likely to give us praise. There are some rather naughty fan
> antics in both clubs' 80s pasts which neither forget.

well we can pay back at home next :)

>> Ellington scored a hat-trick x WBA, and is now my top scorer with 5
>> goals
>> We lost 3 PK out of 5 and it really pissed me
>
> Ha! That's unusual because the Duke is regarded as lethal on PKs.

FM known bug :-(

>> Pletikosa run out of the box while the ball was going to the PK mark in
>> cross! It just amused me, bug? Or Stipe was under Bosnich influence? :)
>
> Possibly! Pleased you got Stipe because I like him as a keeper, but
> isn't he a bit of a loony?

he is a great keeper usually, but few times believes to be Barthez :)

>> Teale has been a deception
>
> Heh. Just wait until you're about to drop him and he single-handedly
> tears a team to shreds. Then you'll know how Paul Jewell feels ;-).

I cut his balls off if he dares to challenge me! :)

--
Eduardo Liguori
EPL Champion
Chelsea Football Club

Usando o M2, revolucionário cliente de correio do Opera:
http://www.opera.com/m2/

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 18:16:00 -0300, "Eduardo Liguori"
<eduliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

>> Allardyce is a bell end. Also, Bolton don't like us much either and
>> are hardly likely to give us praise. There are some rather naughty fan
>> antics in both clubs' 80s pasts which neither forget.
>
>well we can pay back at home next :)

Good stuff! It's the single most awaited Wigan fixture for next
season. We CANNOT WAIT to get them!

>>> Teale has been a deception
>>
>> Heh. Just wait until you're about to drop him and he single-handedly
>> tears a team to shreds. Then you'll know how Paul Jewell feels ;-).
>>

>I cut his balls off if he dares to challenge me! :)

He'll run from you!

> Allardyce is a bell end.

Allardyce is a superb motivator and has done an absolutely brilliant job
with no money.

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 09:19:35 +0100, "Marc Robbins"
<marc@NOSPAMrobbins46.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

>> Allardyce is a bell end.
>
>Allardyce is a superb motivator and has done an absolutely brilliant job
>with no money.

Allardyce is the manager of Bolton Wanderers, a team that Wigan
Athletic fans don't like very much.

Marc Robbins wrote:
>> Allardyce is a bell end.
>>
> Allardyce is a superb motivator and has done an absolutely brilliant job with no money.

I'd have to agree. He is a bit of a dick, but his team of misfits do a
pretty good job.

--
Stephen Weir

List of Games for Sale - http://www.glipe.free-online.co.uk/index.htm
ICQ # 11472386

Chopsy wrote:
>>> Allardyce is a bell end.
>>>
>> Allardyce is a superb motivator and has done an absolutely brilliant job with no money.
>>
> Allardyce is the manager of Bolton Wanderers, a team that Wigan Athletic fans don't like very much.

Will you be entering Mastermind with a specialist subject of "Stating the
bloody obvious"?

--
Stephen Weir

List of Games for Sale - http://www.glipe.free-online.co.uk/index.htm