Wigan challenge

Well my top flight game got boring after winning La Liga with Barcelona,
so discussing with Dave (aka Hamish) I've draw my next challenge
Will load only top 2 divisions in England, do the promotion/relegation
moves and add the aledged 20M to Wigan

Can you give me any hints on actual Wigan squad?

tks in advance

--
Eduardo Liguori
EPL Champion

Usando o M2, revolucionário cliente de correio do Opera:
http://www.opera.com/m2/
32 answers Last reply
More about wigan challenge

    On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 21:17:50 +0100, Chopsy
    <msrfx@getrid.tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

    >On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 15:14:15 -0300, "Eduardo Liguori"
    ><eduliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
    >
    >>Well my top flight game got boring after winning La Liga with Barcelona,
    >>so discussing with Dave (aka Hamish) I've draw my next challenge
    >>Will load only top 2 divisions in England, do the promotion/relegation
    >>moves and add the aledged 20M to Wigan
    >>
    >>Can you give me any hints on actual Wigan squad?

    (Snip)

    Oh, and two final things.

    Rivals: You want to be beating Bolton and Man City.

    Kaiser Dave is patient with Paul Jewell because PJ is the Messiah. He
    won't be patient with you. Be warned.

    Em Mon, 06 Jun 2005 21:27:15 +0100, Chopsy <msrfx@getrid.tiscali.co.uk>
    escreveu:

    > On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 21:17:50 +0100, Chopsy
    > <msrfx@getrid.tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 15:14:15 -0300, "Eduardo Liguori"
    >> <eduliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Well my top flight game got boring after winning La Liga with
    >>> Barcelona,
    >>> so discussing with Dave (aka Hamish) I've draw my next challenge
    >>> Will load only top 2 divisions in England, do the promotion/relegation
    >>> moves and add the aledged 20M to Wigan
    >>>
    >>> Can you give me any hints on actual Wigan squad?
    >
    > (Snip)
    >
    > Oh, and two final things.
    >
    > Rivals: You want to be beating Bolton and Man City.
    >
    > Kaiser Dave is patient with Paul Jewell because PJ is the Messiah. He
    > won't be patient with you. Be warned.

    I am. Tks :-)

    --
    Eduardo Liguori
    EPL Champion
    Chelsea Football Club

    Usando o M2, revolucionário cliente de correio do Opera:
    http://www.opera.com/m2/

    On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 17:35:01 -0300, "Eduardo Liguori"
    <eduliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

    >Em Mon, 06 Jun 2005 21:27:15 +0100, Chopsy <msrfx@getrid.tiscali.co.uk>
    >escreveu:

    >> Kaiser Dave is patient with Paul Jewell because PJ is the Messiah. He
    >> won't be patient with you. Be warned.

    >I am. Tks :-)

    No worries Edu. Good luck! Bring glory to the JJB!

    Em Mon, 06 Jun 2005 21:40:09 +0100, Chopsy <msrfx@getrid.tiscali.co.uk>
    escreveu:

    > On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 17:35:01 -0300, "Eduardo Liguori"
    > <eduliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
    >
    >> Em Mon, 06 Jun 2005 21:27:15 +0100, Chopsy <msrfx@getrid.tiscali.co.uk>
    >> escreveu:
    >
    >>> Kaiser Dave is patient with Paul Jewell because PJ is the Messiah. He
    >>> won't be patient with you. Be warned.

    >> I am. Tks :-)
    >
    > No worries Edu. Good luck! Bring glory to the JJB!

    if you want I will report my steps, pls be aware I'm a traditional 442
    manager
    and I depend on a reliable creative AMC plus two great wingers, hope both
    strikers will fit my scheeme, as I don't want to burn the club.
    IRL I've notice Latics haven't push hard on attendances despite JJB 25,000
    cap, trust they will support us at EPL.

    the 20M is loaned or injected? I'd like to make it the most close to IRL.

    sorry for letting PJ out, but what else can I do? Maybe hire him as Foot
    Dir? :-)

    if we avoid relegation I will be very pleased

    do you know if JJB has expansion capacity?

    cheers
    --
    Eduardo Liguori
    EPL Champion
    Chelsea Football Club

    Usando o M2, revolucionário cliente de correio do Opera:
    http://www.opera.com/m2/

    On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 17:46:30 -0300, "Eduardo Liguori"
    <eduliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

    >if you want I will report my steps, pls be aware I'm a traditional 442
    >manager
    >and I depend on a reliable creative AMC plus two great wingers, hope both
    >strikers will fit my scheeme, as I don't want to burn the club.

    Jimmy will fit the bill at AMC. He's never been injured since joining
    the club. If you can coax good performances out of Teale, he will also
    do a job for you.

    >IRL I've notice Latics haven't push hard on attendances despite JJB 25,000
    >cap, trust they will support us at EPL.

    It's only 25 years since we were a non-league side, and it's right in
    the middle of the catchment areas of a whole load of Premiership
    clubs. Realistically, I think we're hoping to break 20,000 as an
    average next season, but I think crowds will be similar to Fulham's
    (around the 19k average).

    >the 20M is loaned or injected? I'd like to make it the most close to IRL.

    Injected. Dave Whelan, the owner of the club, is also the owner of
    sportswear manufacturers JJB Sport. He was a professional footballer
    himself, and his career ended when he broke his leg playing for
    Blackburn in the 1961 FA Cup Final. He used the insurance payout to
    set up a market stall in Wigan, and the rest is history. He's now one
    of the richest club chairmen in England.

    >do you know if JJB has expansion capacity?

    There's spare land, so in theory it might be possible. However, I'm
    not sure it would be easy with the current stadium design.

    If we needed a new stadium, DW would probably buy us one! Our old
    ground, Springfield Park.....now, there was a great ground, but fully
    befitting a non-league outfit....

    On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 21:27:15 +0100, Chopsy
    <msrfx@getrid.tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

    >On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 21:17:50 +0100, Chopsy
    ><msrfx@getrid.tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    >>On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 15:14:15 -0300, "Eduardo Liguori"
    >><eduliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Well my top flight game got boring after winning La Liga with Barcelona,
    >>>so discussing with Dave (aka Hamish) I've draw my next challenge
    >>>Will load only top 2 divisions in England, do the promotion/relegation
    >>>moves and add the aledged 20M to Wigan
    >>>
    >>>Can you give me any hints on actual Wigan squad?
    >
    >(Snip)
    >
    >Oh, and two final things.
    >
    >Rivals: You want to be beating Bolton and Man City.
    >
    >Kaiser Dave is patient with Paul Jewell because PJ is the Messiah. He
    >won't be patient with you. Be warned.

    And two more things!

    I've just checked the game, and there are two other players in the
    squad.

    1. Per Frandsen. Per's career ended early in the season when his
    cruciates went in the match against Sheffield United. A crying shame.
    I have no hesitation in saying that if he had stayed fit, we would
    have won the division (and quite early), as he had run every game he'd
    played in up until then. A superb, professional, Premiership class
    playmaker, but with only one or two seasons left in him.

    2. Andreas Johanssen. Swedish winger, bought in January. I'm told he
    is a very good player, but Jewell doesn't like changing a winning
    team, and has waited for Andreas to settle. It's unusual for an
    expensive international to ride the pine for half a season, so rumours
    have been rife, but Johanssen has kept quiet and is bound to feature
    next season. But I can't tell you if he's good or not. I can only
    assume he is.

    Em Mon, 06 Jun 2005 22:57:22 +0100, Chopsy <msrfx@getrid.tiscali.co.uk>
    escreveu:

    > On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 17:46:30 -0300, "Eduardo Liguori"
    > <eduliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
    >

    >> if you want I will report my steps, pls be aware I'm a traditional 442
    >> manager
    >> and I depend on a reliable creative AMC plus two great wingers, hope
    >> both
    >> strikers will fit my scheeme, as I don't want to burn the club.
    >
    > Jimmy will fit the bill at AMC. He's never been injured since joining
    > the club. If you can coax good performances out of Teale, he will also
    > do a job for you.

    well after the first days and few signings he is still my creative man on
    squad

    >> IRL I've notice Latics haven't push hard on attendances despite JJB
    >> 25,000
    >> cap, trust they will support us at EPL.
    >
    > It's only 25 years since we were a non-league side, and it's right in
    > the middle of the catchment areas of a whole load of Premiership
    > clubs. Realistically, I think we're hoping to break 20,000 as an
    > average next season, but I think crowds will be similar to Fulham's
    > (around the 19k average).

    following the news on BBC, I've changed avg att from 7 to 14k on edit.
    and of course changed max att to fit JJB max cap of 35k

    >> the 20M is loaned or injected? I'd like to make it the most close to
    >> IRL.
    >
    > Injected. Dave Whelan, the owner of the club, is also the owner of
    > sportswear manufacturers JJB Sport. He was a professional footballer
    > himself, and his career ended when he broke his leg playing for
    > Blackburn in the 1961 FA Cup Final. He used the insurance payout to
    > set up a market stall in Wigan, and the rest is history. He's now one
    > of the richest club chairmen in England.

    well the game had 25M balance, so I've added another 20M and let it all
    (20M) available for transfers

    >> do you know if JJB has expansion capacity?
    >
    > There's spare land, so in theory it might be possible. However, I'm
    > not sure it would be easy with the current stadium design.
    >
    > If we needed a new stadium, DW would probably buy us one! Our old
    > ground, Springfield Park.....now, there was a great ground, but fully
    > befitting a non-league outfit....

    have left it as it is, 25k with expansion to 35k

    in another message I will tell my first market results

    cheers

    --

    Em Mon, 06 Jun 2005 23:23:14 +0100, Chopsy <msrfx@getrid.tiscali.co.uk>
    escreveu:

    > On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 21:27:15 +0100, Chopsy
    > <msrfx@getrid.tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 21:17:50 +0100, Chopsy
    >> <msrfx@getrid.tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

    >> (Snip)
    >>
    >> Oh, and two final things.
    >>
    >> Rivals: You want to be beating Bolton and Man City.
    >>
    >> Kaiser Dave is patient with Paul Jewell because PJ is the Messiah. He
    >> won't be patient with you. Be warned.
    >
    > And two more things!
    >
    > I've just checked the game, and there are two other players in the
    > squad.
    >
    > 1. Per Frandsen. Per's career ended early in the season when his
    > cruciates went in the match against Sheffield United. A crying shame.
    > I have no hesitation in saying that if he had stayed fit, we would
    > have won the division (and quite early), as he had run every game he'd
    > played in up until then. A superb, professional, Premiership class
    > playmaker, but with only one or two seasons left in him.

    have noticed he is in, but due his stats he is more like to be a back-up
    player
    and I won't offer a contract extension

    > 2. Andreas Johanssen. Swedish winger, bought in January. I'm told he
    > is a very good player, but Jewell doesn't like changing a winning
    > team, and has waited for Andreas to settle. It's unusual for an
    > expensive international to ride the pine for half a season, so rumours
    > have been rife, but Johanssen has kept quiet and is bound to feature
    > next season. But I can't tell you if he's good or not. I can only
    > assume he is.

    he will be there and will face tough competition as I've hired some good
    midfielders...

    --
    Eduardo Liguori
    EPL Champion
    Chelsea Football Club

    Usando o M2, revolucionário cliente de correio do Opera:
    http://www.opera.com/m2/

    Wigan Athletics, West Ham and Sunderland were promoted (by force) a year
    before to emulate next season EPL.
    Crystal Palace, Norwich and Southampton duly relegated.

    Paul Jewel after the great achievement was "upgraded" to General Manager
    and Eduardo Liguori appointed Latics manager to the season.

    As promised by "Kaiser Dave", extra 20M were added on club, 100% available
    for transfers.
    Liguori received a competent report from consultant Mr. Chopsy and gone to
    the market to build a squad that could avoid relegation and create the
    structure good enough for a long run at EPL.

    GK Stipe Pletikosa (to be confirmed)/Filan/Walsh
    DR (still trying to sign a good one)/Eaden/Wright
    DL Baines/McMillan (injured for 4 months at start)
    DC Breckin/Vagner Leonardelli (young Brazilian from Bahia signed for 50k)
    DC Jackson/Emerson Thome/(would like to try to sign another one, but might
    have no money for it)
    AMR Solli (we've beat the likes of Real Madrid and Barcelona bids to sign
    this hot prospect Norwegian)/Teale/Johansson
    AML Bierofka (the versatile winger came from Leverkusen for 350k)/Mahon
    MC Scott Parker (the high profile midfielder was the great addition that
    the board expected, fans are extactic with his signing)/Kavanagh/Jarret
    (injured for 4 months at start)
    AMC Bullard/Patrick Berger (the experienced midfielder was a good addition
    and can play left too)/Whalley/Frandsen
    SC Ellington/Graham
    SC Ivica Olic (this high prospect Croatian might become the new star up
    front, traditional succesful duo from Wigan will rotate with capacity to
    survive high pressure of EPL)/Roberts

    Staff:
    2nd Assistant Manager, legendary Brazilian striker Careca. The former
    Napoli/Brazilian Intl will be the right arm of Liguori management.
    Coaches - GK Bryan Robson + Wendell (actual Brazilian GK coach)
    FT Roger Spray
    GN Tony Parkes
    TC Brian Kidd + Sammy Lee
    all former staff were saved.

    Liguori tried to sign Steve Watson from Everton, but the right full-back
    prefered to extend his contract with the blues. Maurice Ross might be
    signed as the Dutch International Fernando Ricksen was denied by Gers to
    join Latics. Before the window closes Liguori promises to add a new DR.
    We will try either to attract the Belgium youngster Vanden Borre.

    --

    Eduardo Liguori wrote:
    > Well my top flight game got boring after winning La Liga with
    > Barcelona, so discussing with Dave (aka Hamish) I've draw my next
    > challenge
    > Will load only top 2 divisions in England, do the promotion/relegation
    > moves and add the aledged 20M to Wigan
    >
    > Can you give me any hints on actual Wigan squad?
    >
    > tks in advance

    Make sure you beat St Helens, Bradford and Leeds?

    Oh, and don't let your captain cross-codes!!!

    Oops - that's Wigan Warriors!!!

    --
    Champions!!!!

    The Records...

    Most Points - 95
    Most Wins - 29
    Least Goals conceded - 15
    Most Cleansheets - 25
    Most Consecutive Away Wins - 9
    Longest time without conceding a goal - 1024 minutes

    Number of bitter opposition fans - MILLIONS!!!!!

    > Kav will sit back and dictate play, Jimmy will push forward and wreak
    > havoc around the edge of the area.

    Well, if you in the Chmapionship they might.

    Em Tue, 7 Jun 2005 16:46:33 +0100, Marc Robbins
    <marc@NOSPAMrobbins46.freeserve.co.uk> escreveu:

    >> Kav will sit back and dictate play, Jimmy will push forward and wreak
    >> havoc around the edge of the area.
    >
    > Well, if you in the Chmapionship they might.

    that's something I'm afraid off, if they can hold at the top.

    --
    Eduardo Liguori
    EPL Champion
    Chelsea Football Club

    Usando o M2, revolucionário cliente de correio do Opera:
    http://www.opera.com/m2/

    squad updated

    > GK Stipe Pletikosa/Filan/Walsh
    > DR Gary Campbell (from Hibs)/Eaden/Wright
    > DL Baines/McMillan
    > DC Breckin/Ian Murray (from Hibs)/Vagner Leonardelli
    > DC Jackson/Emerson Thome
    > AMR Solli/Teale/Johansson
    > AML Bierofka/Mahon
    > MC Scott Parker/Kavanagh/Jarret
    > AMC Bullard/Patrick Berger/Whalley/Frandsen
    > SC Ellington/Graham/forget the name of the left footed striker that was
    > at the squad...
    > SC Ivica Olic/Roberts/

    the start was not so good, first two matches yet without Stipe we lost
    @Blackburn 2 x 0, and also lost at home to Liverpool 2 x 0.
    With Pletikosa we draw at home with Portsmouth 1 x 1 (Breckin header after
    a corner)

    I'm afraid it will be a struggling season...

    --
    Eduardo Liguori
    EPL Champion
    Chelsea Football Club

    Usando o M2, revolucionário cliente de correio do Opera:
    http://www.opera.com/m2/

    Em Wed, 08 Jun 2005 10:27:14 -0300, Eduardo Liguori
    <eduliguori@yahoo.com.br> escreveu:

    > squad updated
    >>
    >> GK Pletikosa/Filan/Walsh
    >> DR G Caldwell/Eaden/Wright
    >> DL Baines/McMillan
    >> DC Breckin/I Murray/V Leonardelli
    >> DC Jackson/E Thome
    >> AMR Solli/Teale/Johansson
    >> AML Bierofka/Mahon
    >> MC S Parker/Kavanagh/Jarret
    >> AMC Bullard/P Berger/Whalley/Frandsen
    >> SC Ellington/Graham/Mc Cullough SC Ivica Olic/Roberts/

    16th 1/2/3 6/9 -3 5 pts after 6 matches
    results so far:
    0:2 @Swansea
    2:0 @Livingston
    2:0 @St.Johnstone
    3:0 @Colchester
    3:0 @Montrose
    _________________
    0:2 @Blackburn
    0:1 x Liverpool
    1:1 x Portsmouth
    0:0 x Newcastle
    2:3 @Birmingham
    3:2 x Fulham
    -----------------
    2:0 x Shrewsbury (Carling Cup)
    -----------------

    after been playing so long with top clubs, it is very funny to celebrate a
    draw with toons :-)

    --
    Eduardo Liguori
    EPL Champion
    Chelsea Football Club

    Usando o M2, revolucionário cliente de correio do Opera:
    http://www.opera.com/m2/

    On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 09:44:07 -0300, "Eduardo Liguori"
    <eduliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

    >3:2 x Fulham

    We always beat Fulham.

    Em Thu, 09 Jun 2005 18:00:12 +0100, Chopsy <msrfx@getrid.tiscali.co.uk>
    escreveu:

    > On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 09:44:07 -0300, "Eduardo Liguori"
    > <eduliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
    >

    >> 3:2 x Fulham
    >
    > We always beat Fulham.

    nice to maintain the tradition

    --
    Eduardo Liguori
    EPL Champion
    Chelsea Football Club

    Usando o M2, revolucionário cliente de correio do Opera:
    http://www.opera.com/m2/

    squad updated

    GK Pletikosa/Filan/Walsh
    DR G Caldwell/Eaden/Wright
    DL Baines/McMillan
    DC I Murray/Breckin
    DC Jackson/V Leonardelli/E Thome
    AMR Solli/Teale/Johansson
    AML Bierofka/Mahon
    MC S Parker/Kavanagh/Whalley/Jarret
    AMC Bullard/P Berger/Frandsen
    SC Ellington/Mc Cullough/Graham
    SC Ivica Olic/Roberts

    14th 4/2/5 14/17 -3 14 pts after 11 matches
    results so far:
    0:2 @Swansea
    2:0 @Livingston
    2:0 @St.Johnstone
    3:0 @Colchester
    3:0 @Montrose
    _________________
    0:2 @Blackburn
    0:1 x Liverpool
    1:1 x Portsmouth
    0:0 x Newcastle
    2:3 @Birmingham
    3:2 x Fulham
    -----------------
    2:0 x Shrewsbury (Carling Cup)
    -----------------
    0:2 @Tottenham
    3:1 x West Brom
    2:1 @Middlesbrough
    3:2 x Everton
    0:2 @ Bolton

    A nice run, but sadly ended with the loss to arch-rivals

    The board is pleased now, and surprised with our good position.
    Allardyce had fired against me that we will be relegated, mind games, but
    we're confident to stay put on EPL.
    Ellington scored a hat-trick x WBA, and is now my top scorer with 5 goals
    We lost 3 PK out of 5 and it really pissed me
    Pletikosa run out of the box while the ball was going to the PK mark in a
    cross! It just amused me, bug? Or Stipe was under Bosnich influence? :-)
    Murray is becoming one of my favourites, and Bierofka is the top rated
    player (8.00 avg)
    Teale has been a deception, Johansson is pushing him down to 3rd choice.
    Mahon is upset, but the german winger don't give him any chance to go into
    the squad.
    Roberts scored only twice yet, and had some chances with Ivica injury.
    Gary Caldwell is playing very well and it seems he will rule the right
    back.
    Parker is not really a marking man, but I can't afford to drop Bullard.

    that's it for today

    --
    Eduardo Liguori
    EPL Champion
    Chelsea Football Club

    Usando o M2, revolucionário cliente de correio do Opera:
    http://www.opera.com/m2/

    On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 10:02:56 -0300, "Eduardo Liguori"
    <eduliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

    >-----------------
    >0:2 @Tottenham
    >3:1 x West Brom
    >2:1 @Middlesbrough
    >3:2 x Everton
    >0:2 @ Bolton
    >
    >A nice run, but sadly ended with the loss to arch-rivals
    >
    >The board is pleased now, and surprised with our good position.
    >Allardyce had fired against me that we will be relegated, mind games, but
    >we're confident to stay put on EPL.

    Allardyce is a bell end. Also, Bolton don't like us much either and
    are hardly likely to give us praise. There are some rather naughty fan
    antics in both clubs' 80s pasts which neither forget.

    >Ellington scored a hat-trick x WBA, and is now my top scorer with 5 goals
    >We lost 3 PK out of 5 and it really pissed me

    Ha! That's unusual because the Duke is regarded as lethal on PKs.

    >Pletikosa run out of the box while the ball was going to the PK mark in a
    >cross! It just amused me, bug? Or Stipe was under Bosnich influence? :-)

    Possibly! Pleased you got Stipe because I like him as a keeper, but
    isn't he a bit of a loony?

    >Teale has been a deception

    Heh. Just wait until you're about to drop him and he single-handedly
    tears a team to shreds. Then you'll know how Paul Jewell feels ;-).

    > Allardyce is a bell end. Also, Bolton don't like us much either and
    > are hardly likely to give us praise. There are some rather naughty fan
    > antics in both clubs' 80s pasts which neither forget.

    well we can pay back at home next :-)

    >> Ellington scored a hat-trick x WBA, and is now my top scorer with 5
    >> goals
    >> We lost 3 PK out of 5 and it really pissed me
    >
    > Ha! That's unusual because the Duke is regarded as lethal on PKs.

    FM known bug :-(

    >> Pletikosa run out of the box while the ball was going to the PK mark in
    >> cross! It just amused me, bug? Or Stipe was under Bosnich influence? :-)
    >
    > Possibly! Pleased you got Stipe because I like him as a keeper, but
    > isn't he a bit of a loony?

    he is a great keeper usually, but few times believes to be Barthez :-)

    >> Teale has been a deception
    >
    > Heh. Just wait until you're about to drop him and he single-handedly
    > tears a team to shreds. Then you'll know how Paul Jewell feels ;-).

    I cut his balls off if he dares to challenge me! :-)

    --
    Eduardo Liguori
    EPL Champion
    Chelsea Football Club

    Usando o M2, revolucionário cliente de correio do Opera:
    http://www.opera.com/m2/

    On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 18:16:00 -0300, "Eduardo Liguori"
    <eduliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

    >> Allardyce is a bell end. Also, Bolton don't like us much either and
    >> are hardly likely to give us praise. There are some rather naughty fan
    >> antics in both clubs' 80s pasts which neither forget.
    >
    >well we can pay back at home next :-)

    Good stuff! It's the single most awaited Wigan fixture for next
    season. We CANNOT WAIT to get them!

    >>> Teale has been a deception
    >>
    >> Heh. Just wait until you're about to drop him and he single-handedly
    >> tears a team to shreds. Then you'll know how Paul Jewell feels ;-).
    >>

    >I cut his balls off if he dares to challenge me! :-)

    He'll run from you!

    > Allardyce is a bell end.

    Allardyce is a superb motivator and has done an absolutely brilliant job
    with no money.

    On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 09:19:35 +0100, "Marc Robbins"
    <marc@NOSPAMrobbins46.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

    >> Allardyce is a bell end.
    >
    >Allardyce is a superb motivator and has done an absolutely brilliant job
    >with no money.

    Allardyce is the manager of Bolton Wanderers, a team that Wigan
    Athletic fans don't like very much.

    Marc Robbins wrote:
    >> Allardyce is a bell end.
    >>
    > Allardyce is a superb motivator and has done an absolutely brilliant job with no money.

    I'd have to agree. He is a bit of a dick, but his team of misfits do a
    pretty good job.

    --
    Stephen Weir

    List of Games for Sale - http://www.glipe.free-online.co.uk/index.htm
    ICQ # 11472386

    Chopsy wrote:
    >>> Allardyce is a bell end.
    >>>
    >> Allardyce is a superb motivator and has done an absolutely brilliant job with no money.
    >>
    > Allardyce is the manager of Bolton Wanderers, a team that Wigan Athletic fans don't like very much.

    Will you be entering Mastermind with a specialist subject of "Stating the
    bloody obvious"?

    --
    Stephen Weir

    List of Games for Sale - http://www.glipe.free-online.co.uk/index.htm
    ICQ # 11472386

    On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 18:30:48 +0100, Stephen Weir
    <sweir@sweir.free-online.co.uk> wrote:

    >>> Allardyce is a superb motivator and has done an absolutely brilliant job with no money.
    >>>
    >> Allardyce is the manager of Bolton Wanderers, a team that Wigan Athletic fans don't like very much.
    >
    >Will you be entering Mastermind with a specialist subject of "Stating the
    >bloody obvious"?

    Yes, right after your specialist subject of 'Missing The Point'.

    Chopsy wrote:
    > Yes, right after your specialist subject of 'Missing The Point'.

    Actually, my specialist subject would be "Missing who wrote what". For some
    unknown reason, my fevered imagination had attributed the "bell end" remark
    to Daniel Marsh. Which is why your statement made no sense to me.

    --
    Stephen Weir

    List of Games for Sale - http://www.glipe.free-online.co.uk/index.htm
    ICQ # 11472386

    Em Fri, 10 Jun 2005 22:30:53 +0100, Chopsy <msrfx@getrid.tiscali.co.uk>
    escreveu:

    > On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 18:16:00 -0300, "Eduardo Liguori"
    > <eduliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
    >
    >>> Allardyce is a bell end. Also, Bolton don't like us much either and
    >>> are hardly likely to give us praise. There are some rather naughty fan
    >>> antics in both clubs' 80s pasts which neither forget.
    >>
    >> well we can pay back at home next :-)
    >
    > Good stuff! It's the single most awaited Wigan fixture for next
    > season. We CANNOT WAIT to get them!

    >>> Heh. Just wait until you're about to drop him and he single-handedly
    >>> tears a team to shreds. Then you'll know how Paul Jewell feels ;-).
    >>>

    >> I cut his balls off if he dares to challenge me! :-)
    >
    > He'll run from you!

    Chopsy, you will be mad, but I've quit the game.
    My mind was getting hurt as I get too much into the game and the results
    were making me nervous, so instead of fun I was smoking plenty of
    cigarretes and yelling (spl) with the game!
    We were eliminated from Carling Cup @Millwall 1:2
    Then we draw x Man City 1 x 1, draw @ Sunderland 1:1, severely beated
    Aston Villa 4:2 and I was very satisfied, but...
    @Chelsea we got hammered 3:6, then @Man Utd trashed us 0:5, so came
    Arsenal and we lost at home 0:3, travelled to Charlton and lost again 0:2
    and to my heart almost get an attack after been wining x West Ham 3:0 we
    did conceeded the draw 3:3!
    So we ended first half of season clear fom relegation zone, but I was
    pissed as hell.
    At the start of the second half it came worst, lost to Blackburn at home
    0:2, lost @Liverpool 0:4, draw @Portsmouth 2:2, lost to Man Utd 0:3 at
    home and then @Newcastle the last humiliation 0:4 and I've retired. :-(
    I'm embaressed, but it was not fun, and as every single soul on this list
    knows me, I went back to the top clubs...

    have started a new game with Galacticos....sorry Chopsy, maybe another
    time I will try again...

    Wigan was at 16th 5/7/11 27/38 22 points after 23 games...

    It was a pleasure to share with you Latics info, but I'm not ready for the
    challenge.

    --
    Eduardo Liguori
    EPL Champion
    Chelsea Football Club

    Usando o M2, revolucionário cliente de correio do Opera:
    http://www.opera.com/m2/

    On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 10:39:09 -0300, "Eduardo Liguori"
    <eduliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

    >Chopsy, you will be mad, but I've quit the game.
    >My mind was getting hurt as I get too much into the game and the results
    >were making me nervous, so instead of fun I was smoking plenty of
    >cigarretes and yelling (spl) with the game!

    That, my friend, is why I don't play Wigan either....

    >It was a pleasure to share with you Latics info, but I'm not ready for the
    >challenge.

    No worries Edu. At least you had a go!

    Em Mon, 13 Jun 2005 18:01:46 +0100, Chopsy <msrfx@getrid.tiscali.co.uk>
    escreveu:

    > On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 10:39:09 -0300, "Eduardo Liguori"
    > <eduliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
    >

    >> Chopsy, you will be mad, but I've quit the game.
    >> My mind was getting hurt as I get too much into the game and the results
    >> were making me nervous, so instead of fun I was smoking plenty of
    >> cigarretes and yelling (spl) with the game!
    >
    > That, my friend, is why I don't play Wigan either....
    >
    >> It was a pleasure to share with you Latics info, but I'm not ready for
    >> the
    >> challenge.
    >
    > No worries Edu. At least you had a go!

    it was fun as long we could have 50%, but after I've started to get
    hammered...
    tks for yr support
    now let me see if I can make the Galaticos win anything

    --
    Eduardo Liguori
    EPL Champion
    Chelsea Football Club

    Usando o M2, revolucionário cliente de correio do Opera:
    http://www.opera.com/m2/

    On the 7 Jvn 2005, "Edvardo Ligvori" <edvligvori@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

    <snip>

    > Wendell (actval Brazilian GK coach)

    If he's the one I'm thinking of, I had him as my assistant at Union
    Berlin. He bvggered off to manage another clvb after abovt a year IIRC.
    Lvckily, I'd managed to get him to sign a svbstantial contract extension
    shortly before that, otherwise I wovld have been a bit annoyed.

    I replaced him with Valdir Joaqvim de Moraes, who stayed with me vntil
    I left for HSV. A month afterwards, he got the job at FC Köln. His
    first match in charge, practically on the day he signed, was away at
    Union Berlin!

    My own retvrn to Berlin was rather embarrassing, as my horribly
    inconsistent Hambvrg side got hammered 6-0.

    --
    Jades' First Encovnters Site - http://www.jades.org/ffe.htm
    The best Frontier: First Encovnters site on the Web.

    nospam@jades.org /is/ a real email address!

    Em Fri, 17 Jvn 2005 20:57:55 +0000 (UTC), Graham Thvrlwell
    <nospam@jades.org> escrevev:

    > On the 7 Jvn 2005, "Edvardo Ligvori" <edvligvori@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    >> Wendell (actval Brazilian GK coach)
    >
    > If he's the one I'm thinking of, I had him as my assistant at Union
    > Berlin. He bvggered off to manage another clvb after abovt a year IIRC.
    > Lvckily, I'd managed to get him to sign a svbstantial contract extension
    > shortly before that, otherwise I wovld have been a bit annoyed.
    >
    > I replaced him with Valdir Joaqvim de Moraes, who stayed with me vntil
    > I left for HSV. A month afterwards, he got the job at FC Köln. His
    > first match in charge, practically on the day he signed, was away at
    > Union Berlin!
    >
    > My own retvrn to Berlin was rather embarrassing, as my horribly
    > inconsistent Hambvrg side got hammered 6-0.

    Some brazilian staff are always at my sight:
    Wendell
    Valdir Joaqvim de Moraes
    Moracy Sant'Ana
    Jose Rvnco
    Filé
    Lvis Carlos Prima
    Darlan Schneider
    Jose Sanchez

    Edvardo Ligvori
    EPL Champion
    Chelsea Football Clvb

    Usando o M2, revolvcionário cliente de correio do Opera:
    http://www.opera.com/m2/

    On the 20 Jun 2005, "Eduardo Liguori" <eduliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

    > Some brazilian staff are always at my sight:
    > Wendell
    > Valdir Joaquim de Moraes

    He's just been appointed Brazil boss on the German save I'm playing
    with my friend! Still managing KÖln too.

    --
    Jades' First Encounters Site - http://www.jades.org/ffe.htm
    The best Frontier: First Encounters site on the Web.

    nospam@jades.org /is/ a real email address!

Opera Games Video Games