Print Server (Multiple Printers)

I currently have Linksys wireless-B with 4 laptops that connect to the
network and 2 printers connected to 2 of the machines.

What I would like is:
A wireless print server that I can connect up to 3 printers using USB
or regular printer cable (both options on the same box) so I don't
have to have any laptops locked down because of the printers.

All I have seen are boxes that allow one printer like Linksys WPS11.
I'd prefer to not have to buy 2 or 3 of these boxes to achieve my
goal.

Does this exist? Any idears?

Thanks,
Chris
3 answers Last reply
More about print server multiple printers

    "CCC" <cccasad@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I currently have Linksys wireless-B with 4 laptops that connect to the
    > network and 2 printers connected to 2 of the machines.
    >
    > What I would like is:
    > A wireless print server that I can connect up to 3 printers using USB

    fwiw
    NP26g compex router... if you want to upgrade to a G router, had two usb
    ports - see it advertised as two printers and/or as usb print/cam server

    If I understood correctly, you want a single printer to handle the jobs from
    all laptops, is that correct?

    "CCC" <cccasad@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I currently have Linksys wireless-B with 4 laptops that connect to the
    > network and 2 printers connected to 2 of the machines.
    >
    > What I would like is:
    > A wireless print server that I can connect up to 3 printers using USB
    > or regular printer cable (both options on the same box) so I don't
    > have to have any laptops locked down because of the printers.
    >
    > All I have seen are boxes that allow one printer like Linksys WPS11.
    > I'd prefer to not have to buy 2 or 3 of these boxes to achieve my
    > goal.
    >
    > Does this exist? Any idears?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Chris

    Hi;
    This looks like what you are looking for:
    http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=47
    HTH;
    TomA
    "CCC" <cccasad@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I currently have Linksys wireless-B with 4 laptops that connect to the
    > network and 2 printers connected to 2 of the machines.
    >
    > What I would like is:
    > A wireless print server that I can connect up to 3 printers using USB
    > or regular printer cable (both options on the same box) so I don't
    > have to have any laptops locked down because of the printers.
    >
    > All I have seen are boxes that allow one printer like Linksys WPS11.
    > I'd prefer to not have to buy 2 or 3 of these boxes to achieve my
    > goal.
    >
    > Does this exist? Any idears?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Chris

Wireless Printers Servers Wireless Networking