Video Display problems after an XP reinstall

jeremy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I reformatted and reinstalled XP today, but now everytime I boot up, the
screen resolution is locked at 640x480 with 4 bit color quality (looks like
I'm in safe mode), and when I try and click the pull down menus or move the
slider bar to change those settings, I'm not able to get any other options.
Is this a driver issue? What should I do? Please help!

I have a Dell Inspiron Notebook 2600.

Jeremy

Jeremy,

Yes, this is a driver issue. Install the appropriate drivers for your
graphics card from the CD supplied.

--
Ramesh Srinivasan
MS-MVP, Windows Shell