Hope someone can help me. I was trying out new anti virus programmes
yesterday and installed and then removed a couple from my pc. I am now
getting an error message in a pop up box when I start windows saying:

"Error Loading Programme Files\Acceleration Software|Anti Virus|sstsman.dll
The specified module could not be found. "

How can I get rid of this message?
Daph

Dev

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2001

/daph/ said:
> Hope someone can help me. I was trying out new anti virus programmes
> yesterday and installed and then removed a couple from my pc. I am now
> getting an error message in a pop up box when I start windows saying:
>
> "Error Loading Programme Files\Acceleration Software|Anti Virus|sstsman.dll
> The specified module could not be found. "
>
> How can I get rid of this message?

Try this...
Click START|RUN and type "msconfig" (no quotes) <enter>

Click the START UP tab

If you see the item listed, UNcheck its box - to its left.

At next boot, checkmark the warning box that appears, and click on OK.

--
For most XP answers and tweaks...
http://dougknox.com http://aumha.org