Windows XP time sensitive logins

June 8, 2005 8:01:27 AM

I have a set of home computers (Windows XP Home and Professional)
under a small network (no AD or Domain Controller). I would like to
know if there is a way I can set up some of the login users under a
calendar, where they may be allowed to login only Saturdays and Sundays

from 12:00 - 13:30 and 18:00-21:00. Does windows XP provide such
feature? I looked in Group Poliies, but I failed to see it - any
hints, sites, and/or software names will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

James.
Anonymous
June 8, 2005 9:58:38 PM

James,

Restrict User Logon Hours:
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_restrict_users.htm

Note that in a stand-alone / SOHO environment, you cannot forcibly logoff an
user.

--
Ramesh Srinivasan
MS-MVP, Windows Shell

Windows XP Troubleshooting
http://www.winhelponline.com

<shija03@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a set of home computers (Windows XP Home and Professional)
> under a small network (no AD or Domain Controller). I would like to
> know if there is a way I can set up some of the login users under a
> calendar, where they may be allowed to login only Saturdays and Sundays
>
> from 12:00 - 13:30 and 18:00-21:00. Does windows XP provide such
> feature? I looked in Group Poliies, but I failed to see it - any
> hints, sites, and/or software names will be greatly appreciated.
>

> Thank you,
>

> James.

Anonymous
June 8, 2005 10:10:26 PM

* Note that in a stand-alone / SOHO environment, you cannot forcibly logoff
an
user after the logon time expires.

--

!