Chelsea/Spurs

Do Chelsea have any regard to the rules?

Next thing you know they will probably decide their ground isn't big enough
and go and snap up Wembly!!!

Robert Williams skrev:
> Do Chelsea have any regard to the rules?
>
> Next thing you know they will probably decide their ground isn't big enough
> and go and snap up Wembly!!!

Well, the penalty for contacting Arnesen might be 12 points...so, it
might not be that brilliant after all..;)

> Well, the penalty for contacting Arnesen might be 12 points...so, it might
> not be that brilliant after all..;)

frankly I hope they get a strong punishment from the FA. before anyone says
it, it's not jealousy. i don't think it's right that any club can break the
rules knowing full well they can afford any fine thrown at them. these
offences should always be punished with point deductions. 300k? piss all for
chelsea

Dy

"Dynamic Forward" <30goals@season-backofthe.net> wrote in message
>> Well, the penalty for contacting Arnesen might be 12 points...so, it
>> might not be that brilliant after all..;)
>
> frankly I hope they get a strong punishment from the FA. before anyone
> says it, it's not jealousy. i don't think it's right that any club can
> break the rules knowing full well they can afford any fine thrown at them.
> these offences should always be punished with point deductions. 300k? piss
> all for chelsea

....or the fining system should be changed so the fines are a percentage of
actual income or value of the club/player/agent etc.

Mr. Pink wrote:
> Robert Williams skrev:
>> Do Chelsea have any regard to the rules?
>>
>> Next thing you know they will probably decide their ground isn't big
>> enough and go and snap up Wembly!!!
>>

> Well, the penalty for contacting Arnesen might be 12 points...so, it
> might not be that brilliant after all..;)

I find it bizarre that they're the only club to be punished for tapping up
considering how often it has occured in recent times.

On Wed, 8 Jun 2005 00:53:22 +0100, "Marc Robbins"
<marc@NOSPAMrobbins46.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

>Mr. Pink wrote:
>> Robert Williams skrev:
>>> Do Chelsea have any regard to the rules?
>>>
>>> Next thing you know they will probably decide their ground isn't big
>>> enough and go and snap up Wembly!!!
>>>

>> Well, the penalty for contacting Arnesen might be 12 points...so, it
>> might not be that brilliant after all..;)
>
>I find it bizarre that they're the only club to be punished for tapping up
>considering how often it has occured in recent times.

its because they appear to be doing it so blatantly, i imagine.
--

gamertag: chrisflynnuk
Live Line-up: RS3, RS3:BA, PGR2, Links04, SC:pT, Toca2, RSC2, MM3,

Em Tue, 7 Jun 2005 21:01:23 +0000 (UTC), Dynamic Forward
<30goals@season-backofthe.net> escreveu:

>> Well, the penalty for contacting Arnesen might be 12 points...so, it
>> might
>> not be that brilliant after all..;)
>
> frankly I hope they get a strong punishment from the FA. before anyone
> says
> it, it's not jealousy. i don't think it's right that any club can break
> the
> rules knowing full well they can afford any fine thrown at them. these
> offences should always be punished with point deductions. 300k? piss all
> for
> chelsea
>
> Dy

amazing that something the top clubs always did, now is a sin because
Chelsea is the "devil"!
read the good article on BBC about it.

--
Eduardo Liguori
EPL Champion

Usando o M2, revolucionário cliente de correio do Opera:
http://www.opera.com/m2/

Em Wed, 8 Jun 2005 00:53:22 +0100, Marc Robbins
<marc@NOSPAMrobbins46.freeserve.co.uk> escreveu:

> Mr. Pink wrote:
>> Robert Williams skrev:
>>> Do Chelsea have any regard to the rules?
>>>
>>> Next thing you know they will probably decide their ground isn't big
>>> enough and go and snap up Wembly!!!
>>>

>> Well, the penalty for contacting Arnesen might be 12 points...so, it
>> might not be that brilliant after all..;)
>
> I find it bizarre that they're the only club to be punished for tapping
> up
> considering how often it has occured in recent times.

anybody remember Ferguson x PSV? (Robben case)

--

Chris F wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Jun 2005 00:53:22 +0100, "Marc Robbins"
> <marc@NOSPAMrobbins46.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Mr. Pink wrote:

>>> Well, the penalty for contacting Arnesen might be 12 points...so, it
>>> might not be that brilliant after all..;)
>>
>> I find it bizarre that they're the only club to be punished for
>> tapping up considering how often it has occured in recent times.
>>
> its because they appear to be doing it so blatantly, i imagine.

And of course "Sir" Alex has always been so subtle!

"Chris F" <chris@asif.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 8 Jun 2005 00:53:22 +0100, "Marc Robbins"
> <marc@NOSPAMrobbins46.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>I find it bizarre that they're the only club to be punished for tapping up
>>considering how often it has occured in recent times.
>>
> its because they appear to be doing it so blatantly, i imagine.

I don't think they are being any more blatant then other clubs really. Villa
got a slap on the wrist when they tried to tap up Beattie, but the fine was
small and their was no threat of further action. The best punishment they
could have had would have been to let them sign him!

I do think Chelsea are having the book thrown at them for being arrogent.
Which is a little out of order. No one likes arrogence, but it's not against
any footballing rules.

--
Fil

"Marc Robbins" <marc@NOSPAMrobbins46.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in

>> Well, the penalty for contacting Arnesen might be 12 points...so,
>> it might not be that brilliant after all..;)
>
> I find it bizarre that they're the only club to be punished for
> tapping up considering how often it has occured in recent times.

I agree, Fergie has been doing it for years. Not such with up-and-
coming stars either, players such as Stam were involved as well.

I guess it is the high-profile nature of the targets and the way in
which they were caught 'in the act' which has sparked such debate.

No more guilty, either way.

--
PG

"PivotalG" <pivotalgubbins@nospamsent.com> wrote in message

> Dan, how do you see Cole's role in all of this? I, like you, think
> Chelsea are beyond stupid by pinning the blame on Arsenal. However,
> Cole is acting all innocent but, surely, he is far from it? He has
> deflected the blame as much on Arsenal as Chelsea have. Just wondered
> what your view of Cole was, as an Arsenal fan, because it is becoming
> quite hard to make sense of it all from the outside.

Personally I think that Cole probably did know about the meeting (whether he
instigated it or not is another matter) purely and simply as a bargaining
tool to use against Arsenal when negotiating his new contract. The problem
for him is that its backfired as the board are now aware of this and are
unwilling to allow this to be used against them. He is arguably the best
left back in the world at the moment (Zambrotta and, for those people still
living in a world 5 years ago, Roberto Carlos, the only players comparable
to him) so it could be argued that by allowing him to leave the Arsenal
board are being stubborn. Cole's now left in a situation where he wants to
save face so could well leave for one of the Italian or Spanish clubs, but
it certainly won't be to another premiership club. He's a silly boy who let
the idea of milking more money out of the board ruin his chances of
remaining at Arsenal, the club that I believe he generally does love. In
short he's been greedy and, due to hiring an incompotent, greedier agent,
he's got himself stuck between a rock and a hard place as it were.

Em Wed, 08 Jun 2005 14:32:08 GMT, Nick Marstin
<nickmarstin@blueyonder.co.uk> escreveu:

> "PivotalG" <pivotalgubbins@nospamsent.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Dan, how do you see Cole's role in all of this? I, like you, think
>> Chelsea are beyond stupid by pinning the blame on Arsenal. However,
>> Cole is acting all innocent but, surely, he is far from it? He has
>> deflected the blame as much on Arsenal as Chelsea have. Just wondered
>> what your view of Cole was, as an Arsenal fan, because it is becoming
>> quite hard to make sense of it all from the outside.
>>
> Personally I think that Cole probably did know about the meeting
> (whether he
> instigated it or not is another matter) purely and simply as a bargaining
> tool to use against Arsenal when negotiating his new contract. The
> problem
> for him is that its backfired as the board are now aware of this and are
> unwilling to allow this to be used against them. He is arguably the best
> left back in the world at the moment (Zambrotta and, for those people
> still
> living in a world 5 years ago, Roberto Carlos, the only players
> comparable
> to him) so it could be argued that by allowing him to leave the Arsenal
> board are being stubborn. Cole's now left in a situation where he wants
> save face so could well leave for one of the Italian or Spanish clubs,
> but
> it certainly won't be to another premiership club. He's a silly boy who
> let
> the idea of milking more money out of the board ruin his chances of
> remaining at Arsenal, the club that I believe he generally does love. In
> short he's been greedy and, due to hiring an incompotent, greedier agent,
> he's got himself stuck between a rock and a hard place as it were.

just to say that I agree Roberto is cooling out (unhappily)

--

"Eduardo Liguori" <eduliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote in message

> just to say that I agree Roberto is cooling out (unhappily)

Well, Real have said thay don't want Cole while Carlos is still there and
with him getting on abit, it'll probably be the season after next. One
option that no one seems to have thought of is a part exchange deal of
Roberto + cash for Cole. Although he only has one or two seasons left in top
level football, this would be a good stop gap while Clichy continues to
develop at Arsenal. Only problems I could forsee are about personal terms
for Carlos (ie. his reluctance to take a wage drop or move to England)

Em Wed, 08 Jun 2005 15:12:14 GMT, Nick Marstin
<nickmarstin@blueyonder.co.uk> escreveu:

> "Eduardo Liguori" <eduliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote in message
>>
>> just to say that I agree Roberto is cooling out (unhappily)
>>
> Well, Real have said thay don't want Cole while Carlos is still there and
> with him getting on abit, it'll probably be the season after next. One
> option that no one seems to have thought of is a part exchange deal of
> Roberto + cash for Cole. Although he only has one or two seasons left in
> top
> level football, this would be a good stop gap while Clichy continues to
> develop at Arsenal. Only problems I could forsee are about personal terms
> for Carlos (ie. his reluctance to take a wage drop or move to England)

I think Roberto will extend what he can his stay at Madrid, and then be
back to Brazil

--

> Em Tue, 7 Jun 2005 21:01:23 +0000 (UTC), Dynamic Forward
> <30goals@season-backofthe.net> escreveu:
>
>>> Well, the penalty for contacting Arnesen might be 12 points...so, it
>>> might
>>> not be that brilliant after all..;)
>>
>> frankly I hope they get a strong punishment from the FA. before anyone
>> says
>> it, it's not jealousy. i don't think it's right that any club can break
>> the
>> rules knowing full well they can afford any fine thrown at them. these
>> offences should always be punished with point deductions. 300k? piss all
>> for
>> chelsea
>>
>> Dy
>>

> amazing that something the top clubs always did, now is a sin because
> Chelsea is the "devil"!
> read the good article on BBC about it.
>
> --
> Eduardo Liguori
> EPL Champion
> Chelsea Football Club
>
> Usando o M2, revolucionário cliente de correio do Opera:
> http://www.opera.com/m2/

most teams have the common courtesy to not make it so obvious, and at least
appear to be abiding by the rules. Chelseas approache rubs it in the face
of the true supporters who are seeing their club pillaged.

>> amazing that something the top clubs always did, now is a sin because
>> Chelsea is the "devil"!
>> read the good article on BBC about it.
>>
>> --
>> Eduardo Liguori
>> EPL Champion
>> Chelsea Football Club
>>
>> Usando o M2, revolucionário cliente de correio do Opera:
>> http://www.opera.com/m2/
>
> most teams have the common courtesy to not make it so obvious, and at
> least
> appear to be abiding by the rules. Chelseas approache rubs it in the
> face
> of the true supporters who are seeing their club pillaged.

I don't know if its approach relates to Mourinho, but ever portuguese I've
worked with, has always a very direct approach, they don't close their
feelings even if it might hurt you, but to them this is just to be honest
and transparent.
I could show several facts on my experience with portugueses, and there
are a lot of them down here!

From the bakery to houselords (spl, people who loan their houses), they
treat you like nobody special, customer care is something they never heard
:)

--
Eduardo Liguori
EPL Champion
Chelsea Football Club

Usando o M2, revolucionário cliente de correio do Opera:
http://www.opera.com/m2/

Em Wed, 08 Jun 2005 16:41:39 -0300, Eduardo Liguori
<eduliguori@yahoo.com.br> escreveu:

>>> amazing that something the top clubs always did, now is a sin because
>>> Chelsea is the "devil"!
>>> read the good article on BBC about it.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Eduardo Liguori
>>> EPL Champion
>>> Chelsea Football Club
>>>
>>> Usando o M2, revolucionário cliente de correio do Opera:
>>> http://www.opera.com/m2/
>>
>> most teams have the common courtesy to not make it so obvious, and at
>> least
>> appear to be abiding by the rules. Chelseas approache rubs it in the
>> face
>> of the true supporters who are seeing their club pillaged.
>>

> I don't know if its approach relates to Mourinho, but ever portuguese
> I've worked with, has always a very direct approach, they don't close
> their feelings even if it might hurt you, but to them this is just to be
> honest and transparent.
> I could show several facts on my experience with portugueses, and there
> are a lot of them down here!
>
> From the bakery to houselords (spl, people who loan their houses), they
> treat you like nobody special, customer care is something they never
> heard :)

hehe, just realised there are few portugueses hidden on this NG, might
face some reaction...
well, trust I was not offensive. :)

--
Eduardo Liguori
EPL Champion
Chelsea Football Club

Usando o M2, revolucionário cliente de correio do Opera:
http://www.opera.com/m2/

Wow...

Will I make it onto the Leader board when Miljenko does his stats?

I don't post much, but when I do it always seems to get you lot going...

(About 5 posts in 2 years)!!!

By the way has anyone been watching the womans footy?

Cheers
Rob

Robert Williams wrote:

> By the way has anyone been watching the womans footy?

No, but I'm above Nick in the fantasy football league. And what a
strange league that is. Hamish is first at the moment. Enough said.
;-)

--
Miljenko [milcrnko at inet dot hr]

np: The Delfonics - Didn't I (Blow Your Mind This Time)

On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 02:12:30 +0200, Miljenko
<milcrnko.spamgohome@inet.hr> wrote:

>Robert Williams wrote:
>
>> By the way has anyone been watching the womans footy?
>
>No, but I'm above Nick in the fantasy football league. And what a
>strange league that is. Hamish is first at the moment. Enough said.
> ;-)

Something's terribly wrong here...

-Nick

Nick the Greek wrote:
> On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 02:12:30 +0200, Miljenko
> <milcrnko.spamgohome@inet.hr> wrote:
>
>> Robert Williams wrote:
>>
>>> By the way has anyone been watching the womans footy?
>>
>> No, but I'm above Nick in the fantasy football league. And what a
>> strange league that is. Hamish is first at the moment. Enough said.
>> ;-)
>
> Something's terribly wrong here...
>
> -Nick

Dare one suggest it's all about luck?

Miljenko wrote:
> Robert Williams wrote:
>
>> By the way has anyone been watching the womans footy?
>
> No, but I'm above Nick in the fantasy football league. And what a
> strange league that is. Hamish is first at the moment. Enough said.
> ;-)

:p There's still France v Norway and Italy v Germany to go for this round.
So you could still leap frog me yet ;-) But then I have 4 Germans and a
Norwegian in my squad :)

--
Hamish

Life is not about how fast you run, or how high you climb, but how well
you bounce.

Marc Robbins wrote:
> Nick the Greek wrote:
>> On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 02:12:30 +0200, Miljenko
>> <milcrnko.spamgohome@inet.hr> wrote:

>>> No, but I'm above Nick in the fantasy football league. And what a
>>> strange league that is. Hamish is first at the moment. Enough said.
>>> ;-)
>>
>> Something's terribly wrong here...
>>
>> -Nick
>
> Dare one suggest it's all about luck?

I've always had an eye for the ladies ;-)

--

On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 02:12:30 +0200, Miljenko wrote:

> Robert Williams wrote:
>
>> By the way has anyone been watching the womans footy?
>
> No, but I'm above Nick in the fantasy football league. And what a
> strange league that is. Hamish is first at the moment. Enough said.
> ;-)

You sure it isn't the Fantasy Channel League with Hamish being the leader?

--
- / - Daniel - / -