Hello everyone ! I'm a college student and I'm a complete dumb at judging between computers based on their price/performance level. One of my buddy recommended to join this forum so as to clear my confusion.
As told above I'm a college student so i'm very tight on my budget. But then also I want best bang for buck. What I need is a laptop to accompany me for the next 4 years of my college life and it should be something around this -
1. Processor - Quad core i7 processor(Sandy or Ivy)
2. Graphics - Strong enough to run all games(Racing and FPS only) cranked up at Medium or higher settings at 1280x900 resolution(AMD or Nvidia)
3. Ram - Atleast 6 GB 1600 or 1333 Mhz
4. Screen Size - 15.6" or above(17.3" if possible)(HD or FHD)
5. HDD - smallest possible 7200 rpm, either 250 GB or 320 GB(no SSD please)
6. Cooling - Decent enough so as not to fry my thighs(though I'm gonna use a lapdesk)
7. Looks/Chasis - anything will do, be it plastic fiber or metal finished.
8. Trackpad/Keyboard - dont bother about that, will use a wireless keyboard and mouse most of the time.
9. Budget - $ 1000(55,000 INR)
I'm from India so please suggest me properly from the following brands - Lenovo, Asus, Dell, Samsung, Acer, HP, Toshiba or Sony as other vendors arent available here.