Strange event id in event viewer

Hello all,
I am finding in my event viewer logs this message:

Event type: Error
Event source: EventSystem
Event category: (50)
Event ID: 4609
Follows...date and time
User: n/a
Follows...computer id

The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal
processing. HRESULT was C0000005 from line 44 of
d:\qxp_slp\com\com1x\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp. Please contact
Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error

I am getting crazy about it...googled around a little but it did not help
much.
Many other people have already found this message but it's always associated
with some other errors that I don't find.
What does it mean?
I wonder if anyone can help and how to fix the problem.

TIA,

Stefano

"Stefano Ferrante" wrote:
> Hello all,
> I am finding in my event viewer logs this message:
>
> Event type: Error
> Event source: EventSystem
> Event category: (50)
> Event ID: 4609
> Follows...date and time
> User: n/a
> Follows...computer id
>
> The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its
> internal
> processing. HRESULT was C0000005 from line 44 of
> d:qxp_slpcomcom1xsrceventstier1eventsystemobj.cpp.
> Please contact
> Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error
>
> I am getting crazy about it...googled around a little but it
> did not help
> much.
> Many other people have already found this message but it's
> always associated
> with some other errors that I don't find.
> What does it mean?
> I wonder if anyone can help and how to fix the problem.
>
> TIA,
>
> Stefano

What operating system do you use? If windows XP try the following
link:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/ee/search.aspx?DisplayName=Windows%20XP%20Professional&ProdName=Windows%20Operating%20System&MajorMinor=5.1&LCID=1033

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Strange-event-id-event-viewer-ftopict543599.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1717174

"alikhani" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

> What operating system do you use? If windows XP try the following
> link:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/ee/search.aspx?DisplayName=Windows%20XP%20Professional&ProdName=Windows%20Operating%20System&MajorMinor=5.1&LCID=1033

Thanks for your help: yes, I am using windows XP pro; I had already tried
that way but there are no current knowledgebase articles available for this
error.
I am really getting crazy....and if it goes on this way I'm afraid I'll have
to format and reinstall the os.

Stefano