Strange event id in event viewer

Hello all,
I am finding in my event viewer logs this message:

Event type: Error
Event source: EventSystem
Event category: (50)
Event ID: 4609
Follows...date and time
User: n/a
Follows...computer id

The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal
processing. HRESULT was C0000005 from line 44 of
d:\qxp_slp\com\com1x\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp. Please contact
Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error

I am getting crazy about it...googled around a little but it did not help
much.
Many other people have already found this message but it's always associated
with some other errors that I don't find.
What does it mean?
I wonder if anyone can help and how to fix the problem.

TIA,

Stefano
2 answers Last reply
More about strange event event viewer

    "Stefano Ferrante" wrote:
    > Hello all,
    > I am finding in my event viewer logs this message:
    >
    > Event type: Error
    > Event source: EventSystem
    > Event category: (50)
    > Event ID: 4609
    > Follows...date and time
    > User: n/a
    > Follows...computer id
    >
    > The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its
    > internal
    > processing. HRESULT was C0000005 from line 44 of
    > d:qxp_slpcomcom1xsrceventstier1eventsystemobj.cpp.
    > Please contact
    > Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error
    >
    > I am getting crazy about it...googled around a little but it
    > did not help
    > much.
    > Many other people have already found this message but it's
    > always associated
    > with some other errors that I don't find.
    > What does it mean?
    > I wonder if anyone can help and how to fix the problem.
    >
    > TIA,
    >
    > Stefano

    What operating system do you use? If windows XP try the following
    link:

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/ee/search.aspx?DisplayName=Windows%20XP%20Professional&ProdName=Windows%20Operating%20System&MajorMinor=5.1&LCID=1033

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Strange-event-id-event-viewer-ftopict543599.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1717174

    "alikhani" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

    > What operating system do you use? If windows XP try the following
    > link:
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/ee/search.aspx?DisplayName=Windows%20XP%20Professional&ProdName=Windows%20Operating%20System&MajorMinor=5.1&LCID=1033

    Thanks for your help: yes, I am using windows XP pro; I had already tried
    that way but there are no current knowledgebase articles available for this
    error.
    I am really getting crazy....and if it goes on this way I'm afraid I'll have
    to format and reinstall the os.

    Stefano

Event Viewer Microsoft Event Id Windows XP