How to locate and delete Winzip

undefined

I need HELP! I am using Windows XP Home and recently downloaded Winzip
thinking it simply would be an additional Zip file. I did not realize
it would disable Compressed File as my option to zip. I have attempted
everything I know to remove Winzip, it is NOT in the ADD/REMOVE
programs.I want to reinstate Compressed File and get Winzip off my
system.Can anyone HELP in providing a How To so I can restore
Compressed and locate and destroy Winzip where ever it may be hiding. I
am NOT computer literate to the extent that computer verbage will help
me it resolving this. Thanks.

--
oren

It's usually located here:
C:\Program Files\WinZip\

Open Winzip32.exe and in the options, uncheck the file association settings,
and shell integration options accordingly. To restore the XP's native ZIP
support, type this command in Start, Run dialog:

regsvr32 zipfldr.dll

Restart Windows. If that does not help, a registry edit is required.

Start Regedit.exe and navigate to the following key:
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.ZIP]
In the right-pane, double-click (default) and set it's data to
CompressedFolder
Close Registry Editor.

--
Ramesh Srinivasan
MS-MVP, Windows Shell

Windows XP Troubleshooting
http://www.winhelponline.com

"oren" <oren.1qb2dq@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> undefined
>
> I need HELP! I am using Windows XP Home and recently downloaded Winzip
> thinking it simply would be an additional Zip file. I did not realize
> it would disable Compressed File as my option to zip. I have attempted
> everything I know to remove Winzip, it is NOT in the ADD/REMOVE
> programs.I want to reinstate Compressed File and get Winzip off my
> system.Can anyone HELP in providing a How To so I can restore
> Compressed and locate and destroy Winzip where ever it may be hiding. I
> am NOT computer literate to the extent that computer verbage will help
> me it resolving this. Thanks.
>

> --
> oren

just get a compressed Mp root file and send it onto a a U.S.B or delete it with the kill code.

It's usually located here:
C:\Program Files\WinZip\

Open Winzip32.exe and in the options, uncheck the file association settings,
and shell integration options accordingly. To restore the XP's native ZIP
support, type this command in Start, Run dialog:

regsvr32 zipfldr.dll

Restart Windows. If that does not help, a registry edit is required.

Start Regedit.exe and navigate to the following key:
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.ZIP]
In the right-pane, double-click (default) and set it's data to
CompressedFolder
Close Registry Editor.

--
Ramesh Srinivasan
MS-MVP, Windows Shell

Windows XP Troubleshooting
http://www.winhelponline.com

"oren" <oren.1qb2dq@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> undefined
>
> I need HELP! I am using Windows XP Home and recently downloaded Winzip
> thinking it simply would be an additional Zip file. I did not realize
> it would disable Compressed File as my option to zip. I have attempted
> everything I know to remove Winzip, it is NOT in the ADD/REMOVE
> programs.I want to reinstate Compressed File and get Winzip off my
> system.Can anyone HELP in providing a How To so I can restore
> Compressed and locate and destroy Winzip where ever it may be hiding. I
> am NOT computer literate to the extent that computer verbage will help
> me it resolving this. Thanks.
>

> --
> oren

computergeeks

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010
go to that site and search for delete winzip. It'll show you a list of information. After you've found it then delete that program from the computer. Even I might know how but I might know if that site will help you.

TRENDING THREADS