billy

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2003

hey i got a problem with my computer. IT will load normal unitl it gets to
the end of loading xp. then it will just restart the computer. IT does this
continuously and does not stop. i dont know what to do .
Help!!!
-Billy-

"Billy" <Billy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>hey i got a problem with my computer. IT will load normal unitl it gets to
>the end of loading xp. then it will just restart the computer. IT does this
>continuously and does not stop. i dont know what to do .
>Help!!!
>-Billy-

Turn on the computer and start tapping the F8 key rapidly when the
first information of any kind shows on the screen.

Keep tapping until the Windows Startup Menu appears and choose Safe
Mode from the menu.

When the computer has finished booting into Safe Mode then do 2
things:

1. Open Control Panel - System - Advanced and click on the Settings
button in the Startup and Recovery (bottom) section. In the Startup
and Recovery window click on the checkbox for "automatically restart"
to clear it then click on Apply and OK as needed to exit.

2. Use Start - All Programs - Accessories - System Tools - System
Restore. Choose the option to Restore your computer to an earlier
time, and choose the most recent restore point that is prior to the
onset of this problem.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--