installing windows from another hard drive?

More specificaly i have an iso image on one of my two drives. I want
to wipe the primary one and do a fresh install, but is there a way to
mount the file during boot or something to acomplish this task?
Google’s only turning up bits and pieces but nothing substantial and
most of it is linux related.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-installing-windows-hard-drive-ftopict543560.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1714787

You have an ISO image of what? You cannot install
Windows XP directly from an ISO image. You need
to make a bootable CD using a program such as Nero.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"MrGardenHoseMan" wrote:
> More specificaly i have an iso image on one of my two drives.
> I want to wipe the primary one and do a fresh install, but is
> there a way to mount the file during boot or something to
> acomplish this task? Google's only turning up bits and pieces
> but nothing substantial and most of it is linux related.

Pretty please? Someone has to know something about this :/

"MrGardenHoseMan" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
> More specificaly i have an iso image on one of my two drives. I want
> to wipe the primary one and do a fresh install, but is there a way to
> mount the file during boot or something to acomplish this task?
> Google's only turning up bits and pieces but nothing substantial and
> most of it is linux related.
>
> --

Read the documentation that comes with your CD writer, or there may be a
text file with that file- it should explain that an ISO file is a cd image
and must be copied onto a CD so that it can be used.

"MrGardenHoseMan" <DoNotEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
> "MrGardenHoseMan" wrote:
> > More specificaly i have an iso image on one of my two drives.
> > I want to wipe the primary one and do a fresh install, but is
> > there a way to mount the file during boot or something to
> > acomplish this task? Google's only turning up bits and pieces
> > but nothing substantial and most of it is linux related.
>
> Pretty please? Someone has to know something about this :/

There have been 2 replies. Again- an iso image *can't* be read directly. It
is a *CD image*- it must be burned to a CD to use. So first you need to burn
it onto a CD then use it.