Why is FIDO charging a $50 "Management Fee" ??

I was told by A Fido customer that an unexplained "Management Fee"
showed up on his statement. What is this?

deep

Was this a new account?

This is supposed to be new accounts from my understanding, especially for
city fido. If he switched or signed up recently, this is the fee charged.
Although he should have been told...

Deep

"Jack Blake" <smogkiller2004@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I was told by A Fido customer that an unexplained "Management Fee"
> showed up on his statement. What is this?

I heard they are now giving away the sim card but charge this new management
fee.
I guess it Rogers trying to rake it in as fast as it can.

"Deep" <deep_mehtaHATESSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Was this a new account?
>
> This is supposed to be new accounts from my understanding, especially for
> city fido. If he switched or signed up recently, this is the fee charged.
> Although he should have been told...
>
> Deep
>
> "Jack Blake" <smogkiller2004@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> I was told by A Fido customer that an unexplained "Management Fee"
>> showed up on his statement. What is this?

deep

They had this in place before the rogers annoucement...

Deep

"news_on_fido" <news@alt.cellular.fido> wrote in message
> I heard they are now giving away the sim card but charge this new
management
> fee.
> I guess it Rogers trying to rake it in as fast as it can.
>
> "Deep" <deep_mehtaHATESSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Was this a new account?
> >
> > This is supposed to be new accounts from my understanding, especially
for
> > city fido. If he switched or signed up recently, this is the fee
charged.
> > Although he should have been told...
> >
> > Deep
> >
> > "Jack Blake" <smogkiller2004@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >> I was told by A Fido customer that an unexplained "Management Fee"
> >> showed up on his statement. What is this?

"Deep" <deep_mehtaHATESSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote:

>They had this in place before the rogers annoucement...
>
>Deep

eh ?? The fee has always been 25$, no ??

--
EDgAr H.
thiothixene[at]gmail[dot]com

" What the flame does not consume, consumes the flame "

"EDgAr H." wrote:
> eh ?? The fee has always been 25$, no ??

Not sure if this is due to some confusion of Fido changing something.

City Fido did have a $50 setup fee, and this was meant to cover the costs of
number portability (getting your home phone number ported to Fido). After a
while, Fido waived this fee for existing Fido subscribers who were just
changing packages (eg: not involving number portability).

That $50 fee did not apply to other packages.

No, this fee applies to packages whitout montly "network acces" fees (the
6.95$) and to the full control I think. On january when they begin to
charge monthly fees on those packages, this charge will disapears.