Slava

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2002
Not sure if this is the right place to post about this but it does have to do with graphics. None of the recent hi-end cards that I know of support 3D stereo innately. I mean that my old GF4 Ti-500 had a jack for shutter 3D glasses which came with it + the software to boot (and I must tell you that most of the games out at that time were supported; playing Dungeon Siege, for example, in IMAX-style 3D was a blast). Well, now I have an eVGA GF6800 Ultra and it does not have anything like that. Nor did any of the FX series cards that I owned previously.

I heard that there are other solutions for this – 3D glasses that do not connect directly to a GFX card and come with all kinds of adapters and stuff.

I have done some browsing and found little useable info while most of the options I’ve seen are extremely expensive (some $500.00), + I found it impossible to make a judgment about the actual quality of visual experience.

Can someone please offer any insight and/or link to a good review?

Thanks.

<font color=green>"The creative powers of English morphology are pathetic compared to what we find in other languages." (Steven Pinker, The Language Instinct)</font color=green> :cool:

Slava

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2002
-=bump=- (sorry)... what, no one?

<font color=green>"The creative powers of English morphology are pathetic compared to what we find in other languages." (Steven Pinker, The Language Instinct)</font color=green> :cool:

The attraction still very limited, and the support seems restricted to nV for gaming. However the Quadro and FireGL cards can be had with the jacks, however I assume that's also not the option you're looking for, as for support and solutions, you're really going to have to look hard cause it's a minority feature really.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

GAME

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2005
fdsfsd

edit- sorry was testing to see if i was banned yet. thought i was LOL<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by GAME on 02/23/05 11:52 PM.</EM></FONT></P>