Major Problem - Cant Start Windows in any way..

Hello!
Ok, my problem is I can't start windows normally, or in safe mode, or in any
way for that matter.
When checking to not have the PC start automatically after failure this is
the message I got :
Stop c0000218 Registry File Failure
The registry cannot load the hive (file):
\systemroot\system32\config\software or its log or alternate. It is corrupt,
absent, or not writable.
Beginning dump of physical memory......

Ok, I was in the process of creating backups for Automated System Recovery
but only got as far as backing up my system state and registry and I did not
yet create a ASR disk.
Also, I cant remember what my adminstrator password is. If i created it it
would be located in my password program which I cant gain access too. So I
can't even access the recovery panel.

What should I do at this point?
Sob sob sob.

Thanks in advance for all help and suggestions~
--
My PC & Me = Tranquility...
Until the Power Goes Out

Byte

Registry - Restore
Press F8 at boot up and you will se the option to load last good
configuration (this restores the registry). If you have system restore on
then you can restore system files just by booting into safe mode, right click
My Computer and selecting properties, now select the restore tab.

HOW TO: Back Up, Edit, and Restore the Registry in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;322756
--
Some days you're the windshield,
some days you're the bug.

"Milk-Chan" wrote:
> Hello!
> Ok, my problem is I can't start windows normally, or in safe
> mode, or in any
> way for that matter.
> When checking to not have the PC start automatically after
> failure this is
> the message I got :
> Stop c0000218 Registry File Failure
> The registry cannot load the hive (file):
> systemrootsystem32configsoftware or its log or alternate.
> It is corrupt,
> absent, or not writable.
> Beginning dump of physical memory......
>
> Ok, I was in the process of creating backups for Automated
> System Recovery
> but only got as far as backing up my system state and registry
> and I did not
> yet create a ASR disk.
> Also, I cant remember what my adminstrator password is. If i
> created it it
> would be located in my password program which I cant gain
> access too. So I
> can't even access the recovery panel.
>
> What should I do at this point?
> Sob sob sob.
>
> Thanks in advance for all help and suggestions~
> --
> My PC & Me = Tranquility...
> Until the Power Goes Out

Try booting with windows xp cd and repairing, if that doesn’t work get
a second hard drive, make it the primary one and use it to backup all
your files before wiping this one.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Major-Problem-Start-Windows-ftopict543712.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1715489