Caps replaced now the picture is blurry

Had someone install new caps in my DK monitor to get rid of compression
on one side. The picture is now correct but is a bit blurry. Is this
common or did something get done wrong. The guy that put in the caps
says they could not cause this and the monitor must have always been
blurry.

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"kaz1961" <ssekaz@yahoo.com> wrote in news:1121629400.984701.45480
@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

> Had someone install new caps in my DK monitor to get rid of compression
> on one side. The picture is now correct but is a bit blurry. Is this
> common or did something get done wrong. The guy that put in the caps
> says they could not cause this and the monitor must have always been
> blurry.

This is a shot in the dark, but, have you adjusted the focus?

-Tom

Do you have the original PS or a new one installed? I put a new one in mine
and after doing a cap kit, still had issues with the monitor. Turned out to
be a ground issue and you might have the same problem.

Check the tech page from www.killercabs.com and look for the "Putting the
Jumper In to Eliminate Monitor Interference" article.

http://www.killercabs.com/technical_tutorials.php from this page. Good
luck.

Chris M
Chicago, IL

"Tom" <bombaci@gmail.com> wrote in message
> "kaz1961" <ssekaz@yahoo.com> wrote in news:1121629400.984701.45480
> @f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:
>
>> Had someone install new caps in my DK monitor to get rid of compression
>> on one side. The picture is now correct but is a bit blurry. Is this
>> common or did something get done wrong. The guy that put in the caps
>> says they could not cause this and the monitor must have always been
>> blurry.
>>

> This is a shot in the dark, but, have you adjusted the focus?
>
> -Tom

Tom <bombaci@gmail.com> wrote in news:Xns96968146611B8tombomhotmailco@
216.196.97.131:

> This is a shot in the dark, but, have you adjusted the focus?

Now, now...that would be an easy solution.

Everyone knows that with Murphy's law you have to toss the easy solutions
out the window, and immediately go to the hard, rare stuff.

Then try the easy stuff at the end, and kick yourself in the ass for not
thinking of it earlier.

--
Do you want a free iPod?
http://www.freeipods.com/?r=15154431

no no no... yo've got it all wrong... you try the easy stuff FIRST... except
when you're trying it you do it wrong so you think it didn't fix the
problem... but it WOULD have if you had done it correct... so you then
discount the correct solution and spend countless hours trying to figure out
what the hells wrong when it's really the SIMPLE thing... grrr...