The infamous $6.95 for CityFido

Some guy at a Fido kiosk did confirm to me that Fido will start charging the
6.95 ripoff fee to CityFido customers "soon".

Today, I saw a Fido add for CityFido that clearly states that the $6.95 fee is
included in the $45.00 and no small print indicating that this will change.

Does this mean that existing CityFido customers will be grandfathered and not
dinged the $6.95 once it starts ? Or will all CityFido subscribers see their
rate increased by $6.95 ?

If everyone will get dinged, I find it odd that Fido would put in a fairly
obvious text the fact that the $6.95 fee is included in the $45.00 rate,
considering that the decision that the $6.96 will be charged on top of the
$45.00 has not only been made, but more importantly, has been made public.

niko

Distinguished
May 3, 2001

I called them and they told me that people would be grandfathered for 1 year
and the its either 6.95 or 2 years agreement.

"JF Mezei" <jfmezei.spamnot@teksavvy.com> wrote in message
> Some guy at a Fido kiosk did confirm to me that Fido will start charging
> the
> 6.95 ripoff fee to CityFido customers "soon".
>
> Today, I saw a Fido add for CityFido that clearly states that the $6.95
> fee is
> included in the $45.00 and no small print indicating that this will
> change.
>
> Does this mean that existing CityFido customers will be grandfathered and
> not
> dinged the $6.95 once it starts ? Or will all CityFido subscribers see
> their
> rate increased by $6.95 ?
>
> If everyone will get dinged, I find it odd that Fido would put in a fairly
> obvious text the fact that the $6.95 fee is included in the $45.00 rate,
> considering that the decision that the $6.96 will be charged on top of the
> $45.00 has not only been made, but more importantly, has been made public.

we have to start writing the CRTC about this. that charge is totally
bogus -- especially when they tell you it's 'crtc governed fee'

"JF Mezei" <jfmezei.spamnot@teksavvy.com> wrote in message
> Some guy at a Fido kiosk did confirm to me that Fido will start charging
> the
> 6.95 ripoff fee to CityFido customers "soon".
>
> Today, I saw a Fido add for CityFido that clearly states that the $6.95
> fee is
> included in the $45.00 and no small print indicating that this will
> change.
>
> Does this mean that existing CityFido customers will be grandfathered and
> not
> dinged the $6.95 once it starts ? Or will all CityFido subscribers see
> their
> rate increased by $6.95 ?
>
> If everyone will get dinged, I find it odd that Fido would put in a fairly
> obvious text the fact that the $6.95 fee is included in the $45.00 rate,
> considering that the decision that the $6.96 will be charged on top of the
> $45.00 has not only been made, but more importantly, has been made public.

Microcell has never said it was a CRTC governed fee.

malingerer@gmail.com wrote:

> Microcell has never said it was a CRTC governed fee.

Mincing words. they said it was an Industry Canada governed fee. Same thing.
(from point of view of taxpayers).

tempest

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2004

I was told the $50 management fee at signing the 2 year contract for City
Fifo, was to replace the $6.95 monthly fee. Maybe i should get that in
writing???

tempest wrote:

> I was told the $50 management fee at signing the 2 year contract for City
> Fifo, was to replace the $6.95 monthly fee. Maybe i should get that in
> writing???

If you sign a contract, first read the contract, especially the fine print. If
Fido/Rogers reserve the right to change your rates at any time, but you have
no way out of the contract if they change your rates, then don't sign the contract.

Once Rogers starts to integrate microcell, except a lot of rates to change or
no longer be offered.

If I signed a contract in this environment, I would insist that I be given an
option to quit the contract at no penalty if Rogers wants to change the rate
during the lifetime of the contract.

If you sign a 2 year contract, but Rogers only says it will grandfather the
rates for 1 year, and you doN't know what the ne rate will be at the time you
sign the contract, then you are taking a risk.

Fido abandonned its loyal customers when it sought to be purchased by big bad Rogers.

tempest

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2004

Hummm,,, i am sure some hot lawyer can see a class action lawsuit in the
making!

"JF Mezei" <jfmezei.spamnot@teksavvy.com> wrote in message
> Some guy at a Fido kiosk did confirm to me that Fido will start charging
> the
> 6.95 ripoff fee to CityFido customers "soon".
>
> Today, I saw a Fido add for CityFido that clearly states that the $6.95
> fee is
> included in the $45.00 and no small print indicating that this will
> change.
>
> Does this mean that existing CityFido customers will be grandfathered and
> not
> dinged the $6.95 once it starts ? Or will all CityFido subscribers see
> their
> rate increased by $6.95 ?
>
> If everyone will get dinged, I find it odd that Fido would put in a fairly
> obvious text the fact that the $6.95 fee is included in the $45.00 rate,
> considering that the decision that the $6.96 will be charged on top of the
> $45.00 has not only been made, but more importantly, has been made public.

THe rate plan can be changed at anytime for new subscribers, but for
existing subscribers who maintain the plan or an existing contract, then
there would be an issue.

"tempest" <tempes826NOSPAM@aol.com> wrote in message
> Hummm,,, i am sure some hot lawyer can see a class action lawsuit in the
> making!
>
> "JF Mezei" <jfmezei.spamnot@teksavvy.com> wrote in message
>> Some guy at a Fido kiosk did confirm to me that Fido will start charging
>> the
>> 6.95 ripoff fee to CityFido customers "soon".
>>
>> Today, I saw a Fido add for CityFido that clearly states that the $6.95
>> fee is
>> included in the $45.00 and no small print indicating that this will
>> change.
>>
>> Does this mean that existing CityFido customers will be grandfathered and
>> not
>> dinged the $6.95 once it starts ? Or will all CityFido subscribers see
>> their
>> rate increased by $6.95 ?
>>
>> If everyone will get dinged, I find it odd that Fido would put in a
>> fairly
>> obvious text the fact that the $6.95 fee is included in the $45.00 rate,
>> considering that the decision that the $6.96 will be charged on top of
>> the
>> $45.00 has not only been made, but more importantly, has been made
>> public.

The answer is yes unless you lock into an agreement (contract).

I just locked in my City fido at $33 + $ 7 system access fee or $40/month
for 24 months.

And got them to write in system access fee included in the $40 / month fee.

"JF Mezei" <jfmezei.spamnot@teksavvy.com> wrote in message
> Some guy at a Fido kiosk did confirm to me that Fido will start charging
> the
> 6.95 ripoff fee to CityFido customers "soon".
>
> Today, I saw a Fido add for CityFido that clearly states that the $6.95
> fee is
> included in the $45.00 and no small print indicating that this will
> change.
>
> Does this mean that existing CityFido customers will be grandfathered and
> not
> dinged the $6.95 once it starts ? Or will all CityFido subscribers see
> their
> rate increased by $6.95 ?
>
> If everyone will get dinged, I find it odd that Fido would put in a fairly
> obvious text the fact that the $6.95 fee is included in the $45.00 rate,
> considering that the decision that the $6.96 will be charged on top of the
> $45.00 has not only been made, but more importantly, has been made public.

Why not a class action law suit?

With worked against Royal Bank on the mortgage fees and now Royal Bank as to
pay.

With 50% of the users of this news group joining in, we could do it against
Rogers changing the contracts.

Make sure that y ou all get a print out or a printed copy of the contract to
give to the class action lawyer.