Where to Buy Switching Power Supplies

I went to COW yesterday and picked up a Commando.

It was missing its switching power supply so I "borrowed" the one I was
using for my Stargate work-in-progress...

Now I gained a working Commando but am short a switcher..

www.arcadeshop.com has a 15amp for $25...

Is that the going price for one or does someone know a cheaper source...

--
- Mike

***Looking for a 1978 Atari Superman playfield.. ***

Got one, drop me an email...

http://home.comcast.net/~mtpacifico/

Can't remember the price off hand, and am too lazy to check his site :p ...
but www.therealbobroberts.com also sells 'em. I got the one for my test
bech from him. He tested before he sent it too - has his seal-o-approval on
it. Can't go wrong with Mr. Bob.

Dave France

"Michael Roman" <michael.pacifico@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I went to COW yesterday and picked up a Commando.
>
> It was missing its switching power supply so I "borrowed" the one I was
> using for my Stargate work-in-progress...
>
> Now I gained a working Commando but am short a switcher..
>
> www.arcadeshop.com has a 15amp for $25...
>
> Is that the going price for one or does someone know a cheaper source...
>
> --
> - Mike
>

> ***Looking for a 1978 Atari Superman playfield.. ***
>
> Got one, drop me an email...
>

> http://home.comcast.net/~mtpacifico/

"Michael Roman" <michael.pacifico@comcast.net> wrote in

> Is that the going price for one or does someone know a cheaper
> source...

Sounds about average in a one-shot deal. You can get them cheaper if you
order them in quantity.

Here's some from Penn-Ray:

http://www.penn-ray.com/category/powersupply/pwrsupply.php

$22.95, and cheaper the more you get.

--
Do you want a free iPod?
http://www.freeipods.com/?r=15154431

you can get them cheaper if you shop around... although for a few measly
bucks I'd personally rather go with someone who I know (roberts, arcadeshop,
etc.)... they're also there for all the other parts you need so, personally,
it pays to give them the business just to keep them around (call it
investing in future availability).

"Michael Roman" <michael.pacifico@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I went to COW yesterday and picked up a Commando.
>
> It was missing its switching power supply so I "borrowed" the one I was
> using for my Stargate work-in-progress...
>
> Now I gained a working Commando but am short a switcher..
>
> www.arcadeshop.com has a 15amp for $25...
>
> Is that the going price for one or does someone know a cheaper source...
>
> --
> - Mike
>

> ***Looking for a 1978 Atari Superman playfield.. ***
>
> Got one, drop me an email...
>

> http://home.comcast.net/~mtpacifico/

> you can get them cheaper if you shop around... although for a few measly
> bucks I'd personally rather go with someone who I know (roberts,
> arcadeshop, etc.)... they're also there for all the other parts you need
> so, personally, it pays to give them the business just to keep them around
> (call it investing in future availability)

good point!!!

thanks everyone...