Pointer with mind of its own

I'm at a loss here. I will be typing in any program, and after a few
seconds, wherever the pointer was last on the page, be it the beginning of a
line or over text i've just typed, or somewhere in the corner of the page,
the cursor jumps to that spot and i end up having to delete the last bit of
text i entered from the point when I last looked at the screen. typing this
message it's already happened four times to this point. I have never run
into this, i've gone through all my settings trying to figure it out and gone
through the help index (using a toshiba Satellite laptop) and between
"typing" "pointer" and "cursor" i cant find an answer. trouble is i'm a
writer. at 2 am this morning i was working against a deadline on an
important story and nearly threw this laptop out the window it was so
irritatating - as it is NOW! and i had an embarrassing number of typos.
anyway...i could use some smarts on this.
cheers
1 answer Last reply
More about pointer mind

Pointer Windows XP