No tv-out in SLI mode.

hadsund

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2005
Hi
I have this problem.
When i start in SLI mode ,the tv-out dont work.
If i go back to solo mode ,the tv-out work perfekt.
Cant i not use tv-out in SLI mode?

If this is normal,can I then bay a normal pci grafikcard and then only use the tvout on this?

So i have this setup.
2 pci-e grafikcard in sli mode to pcmonitor.
1 pci only use tvout to tv.

Sorry for my english

It's all about the drivers. I doubt that it's technically impossible, but since it's such a tertiary concern for SLI, expect the support not to come until they've figured out how to make SLI the killer setup in most games, then they'll worry about TV out. Probably it won't work for TV out because your TV out is just one card at a time, thus it would only do half the screen or alternating frames so it's difficult/impractical to try and display to TV in SFR or AFR. Like you said it works when you come out of SLI mode, and seriously, who needs SLI to display 640x480 or even 800x600?.

Adding a card might work, but I'm sure that the multi-monitor software will be borked by the apperance of SLI too, and would likely have difficulty figuring out how to place what would now at least be 5+ potential outputs.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil: