Help with "windows cannot install modem" error

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

My son has a new mobile phone and I am trying to set it up using motorola
phone tools.

I keep getting the "windows cannot install modem" error.

I have checked out the microsoft site and it suggests that a registry entry
is missing.

I used regedit and discovered that all the records the proposed solution
highlighted were actually there. I have also updated the motherboard
drivers and tried again. Also using the latest drivers for the phone but it
never gets as far as using them.

I am still getting the same error and am now at a loss, Any suggestions ?

Chris

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Just to clarify the exact error message is "Windows was unable to install
the modem" and is covered in article id 883356

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;883356

Chris

"chris" <chris@home.com> wrote in message
> My son has a new mobile phone and I am trying to set it up using motorola
> phone tools.
>
> I keep getting the "windows cannot install modem" error.
>
> I have checked out the microsoft site and it suggests that a registry
> entry is missing.
>
> I used regedit and discovered that all the records the proposed solution
> highlighted were actually there. I have also updated the motherboard
> drivers and tried again. Also using the latest drivers for the phone but
> it never gets as far as using them.
>
> I am still getting the same error and am now at a loss, Any suggestions ?
>

> Chris

Had same problem myself, however the addition of the registry key
sorted it out for me.

hopefully the experts on here can be more useful to you

dave