BITS will not start

Linda

XP Pro, SP1 - I am unable to start Background Intelligent Transfer Service.
I receive service-specific error code -2147467243.
Does anyone know what this code means and/or how to get BITS started? Auto
update is started as is RPC Locator.
Thanks for any assistance.
--
Linda

Hi,

Open Control Panel | Administrative Tools | Services

there you will see the BITS running and you wil be able to see the status.
it would be either disabled or not running.

This is where you can configure BITS to run automatically on start up or
start it manually yourself.
--
Regards
M. Rajesh

"Linda" wrote:

> XP Pro, SP1 - I am unable to start Background Intelligent Transfer Service.
> I receive service-specific error code -2147467243.
> Does anyone know what this code means and/or how to get BITS started? Auto
> update is started as is RPC Locator.
> Thanks for any assistance.
> --
> Linda

Linda

Thanks for the response however your suggestion does not help. I've already
gone to Services, set BITS to Automatic, clicked on Start and that's when I
receive service-specific error code -2147467243 and BITS will not start.
I've also tried starting BITS with it set to Manual - same result.
If you have any more suggestions, please let me know.
Thanks,
--
Linda