Inspiron 8200

Last response: in Computer Brands
Share
March 21, 2005 10:58:40 PM

Hi,

I just recently purchased an Inspiron 8200 (Used and from E-Bay). I had to
change out the hard drive, and put in a Toshiba 30G. I've loaded the OS
(Windows XP Home Edition), and put in the Dell CD that came with the laptop.
My problem and question is that I am unable to get the touchpad or mouse by
the keyboard to work. If I want to use a mouse, I'm using an external PS/2.
I've checked the system BIOS, and verified that the mouse setting was
"Touchpad / PS-2". Another problem that I have is that the PC speaker is
not working either. I can use headphones, but that's it. . . Any thoughts
on fixes? Supposedly all these items worked before the prior HD crashed.

Any ideas that anyone could give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Mike

More about : inspiron 8200

March 22, 2005 11:15:05 AM

Have you loaded the Dell chipset drivers from the Dell Supplied CD that came
with the Machine? you must do this 1st and then reboot, then install all the
other drivers in turn

!