Switch to Rogers?

Last response: in Network Providers
December 10, 2004 1:34:18 AM

If I switch from Fido to Rogers can I keep my Fido number?

More about : switch rogers

Anonymous
December 10, 2004 3:17:00 AM

In article <Xns95BAEFC903642rbrownsofthomenet@216.196.97.142>,
rbrown@softhome.net says...
> If I switch from Fido to Rogers can I keep my Fido number?

No. WTF would you do that?
Anonymous
December 10, 2004 5:27:46 AM

Robert Brown wrote:

> If I switch from Fido to Rogers can I keep my Fido number?

No. Not yet ar least. And you can't really keep your phone because it is
locked to Fido and Rogers will want to give you a rogers sim card.
December 11, 2004 4:39:45 PM

root <false@ersatz.net> wrote in news:MPG.1c22fb5568e3b0269896a3
@news.bmts.com:

> In article <Xns95BAEFC903642rbrownsofthomenet@216.196.97.142>,
> rbrown@softhome.net says...
>> If I switch from Fido to Rogers can I keep my Fido number?
>
> No. WTF would you do that?

It was an idea to save money with a Rogers bundle.. of course it would
require me to sign a two year contract with Rogers.

When is the CRTC ever going to do something about this so we can change
providers and still keep our phone numbers?
Anonymous
December 12, 2004 12:19:45 PM

Never (or probably not for a long time) since all the phone companies here
in Canada are against it. The only exception to this was Fido and since they
are now part of Roger's empire, I'm sure that their view has changed for the
worst.

!