Switch to Rogers?

If I switch from Fido to Rogers can I keep my Fido number?
4 answers Last reply
More about switch rogers

    In article <Xns95BAEFC903642rbrownsofthomenet@216.196.97.142>,
    rbrown@softhome.net says...
    > If I switch from Fido to Rogers can I keep my Fido number?

    No. WTF would you do that?

    Robert Brown wrote:

    > If I switch from Fido to Rogers can I keep my Fido number?

    No. Not yet ar least. And you can't really keep your phone because it is
    locked to Fido and Rogers will want to give you a rogers sim card.

    root <false@ersatz.net> wrote in news:MPG.1c22fb5568e3b0269896a3
    @news.bmts.com:

    > In article <Xns95BAEFC903642rbrownsofthomenet@216.196.97.142>,
    > rbrown@softhome.net says...
    >> If I switch from Fido to Rogers can I keep my Fido number?
    >
    > No. WTF would you do that?

    It was an idea to save money with a Rogers bundle.. of course it would
    require me to sign a two year contract with Rogers.

    When is the CRTC ever going to do something about this so we can change
    providers and still keep our phone numbers?

    Never (or probably not for a long time) since all the phone companies here
    in Canada are against it. The only exception to this was Fido and since they
    are now part of Roger's empire, I'm sure that their view has changed for the
    worst.

    "Robert Brown" <rbrown@softhome.net> wrote in message
    > root <false@ersatz.net> wrote in news:MPG.1c22fb5568e3b0269896a3
    > @news.bmts.com:
    >
    >> In article <Xns95BAEFC903642rbrownsofthomenet@216.196.97.142>,
    >> rbrown@softhome.net says...
    >>> If I switch from Fido to Rogers can I keep my Fido number?
    >>
    >> No. WTF would you do that?
    >
    > It was an idea to save money with a Rogers bundle.. of course it would
    > require me to sign a two year contract with Rogers.
    >
    > When is the CRTC ever going to do something about this so we can change
    > providers and still keep our phone numbers?

Fido Switch Rogers Internet Service Providers