Image on Television only on startup

Andy

Hallo,
I've been trying to connect my PC to the TV so I can watch DVD's from my
internal DVD player. The picture shows up fine when I startup : bios info,
memory count etc. and also when windows is loading, but as soon as the blue
screens arrive, the picture dissapears from the Television set.
Any Ideas on how to resolve this?

Thanks for any input

Andy

"Andy" <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hallo,
> I've been trying to connect my PC to the TV so I can watch DVD's from
> my
> internal DVD player. The picture shows up fine when I startup : bios
> info,
> memory count etc. and also when windows is loading, but as soon as the
> blue
> screens arrive, the picture dissapears from the Television set.
> Any Ideas on how to resolve this?

When you have logged in, clone your TV with your Monitor with the Video
Card software. Make sure you TV output on the Video Card matches the
broadcasting format of your TV, i.e.: PAL, NTSCM,

--
William

Andy

Hallo William,

Thanks for replying but I'm sorry I don't understand how to do what you are
suggesting.
What do you mean by cloning my TV with my monitor? And where can I access
the features which control the TV output of the video card and the
broadcasting format?
I just hooked up a 4pin S-video plug and as I said I do see the startup
screens.

Andy

"WTC" wrote:

> When you have logged in, clone your TV with your Monitor with the Video
> Card software. Make sure you TV output on the Video Card matches the
> broadcasting format of your TV, i.e.: PAL, NTSCM,
>
> --
> William
>

> "Andy" <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hallo,
> > I've been trying to connect my PC to the TV so I can watch DVD's from
> > my
> > internal DVD player. The picture shows up fine when I startup : bios
> > info,
> > memory count etc. and also when windows is loading, but as soon as the
> > blue
> > screens arrive, the picture dissapears from the Television set.
> > Any Ideas on how to resolve this?

To clone the Video Adapter, use the software that came with your Video
Card or download it from the manufacturer. I cannot help you step by
step without knowing the model and manufacturer of your Video Adapter.

What is the model of the Video Adapter do you have?

Also, this may be off topic, but I notice you are using the web
interface for support. You should try Outlook Express as your
newsreader.

Setting up Outlook Express Newsreader:

If you click on the following, it will bring you to this newsgroup:

--
William