adjusting brightness

I have a laptop computer that we need to use outside at a farmer's market,
but the screen is not bright enough to see outside. I looked at the user's
manual and it has me go to user's guide and then Tell Me How, but Tell Me How
is not an option on my laptop. How do I adjust the brightness on my laptop???
Thanks!

Check the front edge of your function keys for special controls. On my
Toshiba pressing the Fn key and the F6 or F7 will decrease and increase the
brightness.

"Benicia Arsenal Chiropractic"
<BeniciaArsenalChiropractic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a laptop computer that we need to use outside at a farmer's market,
> but the screen is not bright enough to see outside. I looked at the user's
> manual and it has me go to user's guide and then Tell Me How, but Tell Me
> How
> is not an option on my laptop. How do I adjust the brightness on my
> laptop???
> Thanks!

Mine is Sony Vaio.
I have to work on my project during nights mostly.
I have been having problem because of the screen being much brighter. I
start getting tears if I don't use sunglasses (inside my room at night!)...
could not figure out how in the world could I lower the brightness.
If someone could help....I really appreciate.

Thanks