Words that sum todays RGVAC up

Last response: in Video Games
July 18, 2005 5:12:26 PM

I started thinking after reading a post yesterday where some newbie is
worried that he may be over paying by purchasing a new switching power
supply from Arcadeshop for $25.

Then I remembered the Zinfer post the other day where he is wondering
where the lock hole goes in his Stargate back door. "Is it centered,
how far from the top, what type of bit, etc." Then I remembered what a
cheap SOB he is anyway and then realized that most of this group has
become like that now.

Of course, nobody will actually ever be as cheap as Zinfer or spend
five years trying to fix a Stargate like he has. But a good majority of
this group is coming close.

People respond to WTBs asking a lot of questions and for PICs that
never had any intention in buying the item in the first place.

People post WTBs and when you respond they ask a lot of questions, want
lots of PICs, tell you how interested they are, carry on the
negotiation for a while then never follow through, probably realizing
they didn't really want to buy anything anyway.

After a couple of emails back and forth with a buddy of mine today (who
I'll keep nameless) I realized it's just not on the newsgroup:

Me:

Well, I know the trying to sell on the newsgroup feeling. My last three
never made it deals:

1. I list a bulk buy of 8 games for $1200 or $200 each ( plain as day
in the post). A guy in Decatur wants 2 but needs them delivered. We
discuss it for a week and it's a deal with him including $75 extra for
delivery and gas. Just to make sure and at the last second I mention
that the total is $475 so we are in agreement before I leave. He says I
can't pay that, your games were listed at $150 each - that's what $1200
divided by 8 is. So no deal there.

2. A guy posts a WTB for a Journey upright. I mention I have one if he
is interested in having it shipped. After the usual many PICs and
emails he says that he will take it. But of course he comes back with
wanting to use an escrow service. I said no way so then he wants me to
list it on eBay for his safety. I agree since he is willing to Paypal
me the eBay fees ahead of time. Well, it's been over a month since this
started and he claims as of today his bank has not credited his Paypal
account yet. And of course he claims that he needs the game ASAP but
waits up to a week to answer emails.

3. Another guy posts a WTB for a Star Wars about the same time as the
Journey post was made. After many answered questions and many PICs this
guy is soooo interested in buying this game. He just needs to get a
weekend away to come and see it. Well, he just lives in Atlanta and
it's been well over a month since he's responded to emails.

Anyway, trying to sell on the NG is about a waste of time. Most
everybody reading it on the vid side anyway is about a cheap SOB. Heck,
one idiot posted yesterday wondering if anybody sold new switching
power supplies for less than $25.

His response with some parts X'd out to save identity:

I bet we could exchange stories about the SOB's on the newsgroups for
hours. I don't know why I post FS items there, just habit. I know if I
want to frustrate myself like yesterday I could just run around in
circles to save time.

Yes , still have the XXXXXX ( don't plan on selling but the guy
offered me $XXXX for it after he saw the pics. His price not mine ( did
I mention before he offered that much he tried to talk me down on the
XXXX to $XXXXX because he was tight on cash.)

I had a guy show up a month ago at the house on a XXXXX I had in the
paper for $XXXX. He offers 300 and told me he didn't know pins were so
high. I tell him it was listed in the paper what makes him think I
would take XXXX price I was asking. He then sticks around for over 2
hours playing other pins. I literally had to tell him to get out!

Rant is off now. I guess that I'll go see what WTBs I'm not interested
in and respond to them anyway asking for a lot of PICs

More about : words sum todays rgvac

Anonymous
July 18, 2005 5:24:45 PM

It takes some balls to not buy the machine but stick around for two
hours 'testing' other machines.
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 6:16:44 PM

You have a Journey UR with a working tape deck and not rot on it for
sale?
July 18, 2005 6:54:13 PM

Just a matter of time till we got to the "let's meet and settle this
like men" post in this thread!
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 8:36:13 PM

Wow, did I make it first?

I'll be searching through the garage to returnt he favor tonight....

>Let me start off (FREE FRIDAY) again by saying that the first person to
>respond to this post gets 10 assorted joysticks and buttons from the box of
>1000 that i have.I'll even pay the postage in the USA.I only ask that other
>people do it to.
>
> --
>
> THANKS.MARK,
> MARKLINE VENDING
> BUY/SELL/TRADE/VIDEO GAMES
> VENDING MACHINES,SLOTS,PINBALLS
> OVER 100+CLASSIC VIDEO GAMES IN STOCK,ETC.ETC.
> 516-678-9671
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 9:04:21 PM

Was I "worried" about paying too much... no

Was I CURIOUS if anyone in the group knew of a cheaper place to get one...
YES

I didnt know that being frugal was frowned upon in RGVAC/RGVAM

oh well... guess I better go back to mowing lawns and counting my pennies in
hopes of being able to afford that switching power supply...
<AubHtr@aol.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> want to frustrate myself like yesterday I could just run around in
> circles to save time.
>
> Yes , still have the XXXXXX ( don't plan on selling but the guy
> offered me $XXXX for it after he saw the pics. His price not mine ( did
> I mention before he offered that much he tried to talk me down on the
> XXXX to $XXXXX because he was tight on cash.)
>

> I had a guy show up a month ago at the house on a XXXXX I had in the
> paper for $XXXX. He offers 300 and told me he didn't know pins were so
> high. I tell him it was listed in the paper what makes him think I
> would take XXXX price I was asking. He then sticks around for over 2
> hours playing other pins. I literally had to tell him to get out!
>

> Rant is off now. I guess that I'll go see what WTBs I'm not interested
> in and respond to them anyway asking for a lot of PICs

July 18, 2005 10:01:04 PM

can't we all just get along
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 12:39:16 AM

Two more comments:

1. The odds of actually getting a beat-down from another RGVACer is
probably much less than getting hit by lightning. It just makes you
look silly to suggest you're ever going to open a can of whoop-ass on
someone else in the NG. Yeah yeah, I know.. you're probably gonna beat
my ass now when your posse rolls through Detroit. I'll start writing
my will tomorrow

2. The whole "eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth" concept is kinda
appealing to me, but who's gonna decide who deserves it? The cops?!
The court system?! I've met plenty of cops and plenty of judges, and
it scares me enough that they're stewards of the justice system we've
got now, much less a "off with the hand/foot/whatever, no questions
asked" system. My guess is in those countries, a lot of
hands/feet/fetuses/etc are removed for unjust causes.
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 1:44:43 AM

Mark,
I do not know You, nor do I wish to start an argument with You, however
am just curious if You meant that god would be punishing the dirtbags
instead of the government, or that You meant there should be no
seperation between church and State? Also (not to divulge my personal
beliefs - but to bring up the question) - What about the folks who do
not believe in god? They can't go to hell either, as they do not
believe in hell... I think maybe folks came to America to avoid being
persecuted, beheaded, or otherwise mamed by both the government and or
religeous groups. I am sure that You might feal differently if You had
a relative lose a limb unjustly.... Again, not to start an argument, as
I usually avoid jumping into someones else's argument, especially over
name calling, but just wanted to remind You and everybody reading this
that not all folks fear god....
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 5:12:12 AM

Sorry, I thought the fearing god part was added in by You as an
afterthought on the story You heard from the Turkish person... I was
just curious how the folks who do not believe in god might interpret
the concept... After re-reading Your post, You seamed to think that we
might try the limb removal process of justice to put the fear of god
into all the 'dirtbag thieves' out there... Again, not to argue, but
that process does not leave much room for appeals or freturn a limb to
those who might be victims of mistaken identity or other cases of where
mistakes might be made....
To Matty-T...
Thanks for the clarifiaction... I realize that many folks interpret god
differnetly. Others just flat out do not believe in god, but do have
religion or believe in a higher power, but not a higher power being or
entity... Many folks get religion from music, such as Dead Heads
finding religion at Grateful Dead concerts but by no means thinking of
Jerry Garcia as a god or as god him/it self....Others might find
religion in meditation or excercise or other sports activities... I am
sure other folks just might not even think of god or religion
whatsoever, as wella s not fearing death or injury.. I personally know
some folks that live only in the current moment, never thinking of the
future or past.... (not to say that is a good or bad thing, just that
it is the way some folks exist)
July 19, 2005 7:18:22 AM

What the heck are you talking about.?.I was just telling a story some Turk
told me.
"Curious George" <jedidroid@aol.com> wrote in message
> Mark,
> I do not know You, nor do I wish to start an argument with You, however
> am just curious if You meant that god would be punishing the dirtbags
> instead of the government, or that You meant there should be no
> seperation between church and State? Also (not to divulge my personal
> beliefs - but to bring up the question) - What about the folks who do
> not believe in god? They can't go to hell either, as they do not
> believe in hell... I think maybe folks came to America to avoid being
> persecuted, beheaded, or otherwise mamed by both the government and or
> religeous groups. I am sure that You might feal differently if You had
> a relative lose a limb unjustly.... Again, not to start an argument, as
> I usually avoid jumping into someones else's argument, especially over
> name calling, but just wanted to remind You and everybody reading this
> that not all folks fear god....

Anonymous
July 19, 2005 8:09:58 AM

Mike and I just have this Love/Hate relationship. He Loves it when I
respond to his Hate messages. As for Art he just gets his shots in
willy-nilly in a group/gang thing. One starts it, he piles on damn
the evidence or logic of it because he took exception to me saying
that he didn't know how I felt. Not sure why he's always felt I
insulted him from that moment on. The ability to say that long
goodbye and get that last hug holds dear and a source of much regret
especially to those that never had the opportunity in a sudden death.
Art's a good guy despite the banter.
Whereas Mikes just plain hateful for no apparent reason and doesn't
expect he'll ever regret it.
Ok, I got dragged into this topic and now I'm dragging myself back
out. But this very well demonstrates the sum of RGVAC or at least
some that are in it, which for the life of me I don't understand why
they still hang around if it so antagonizes and irritates them.
If you don't like it, leave it Mike. By all means.

On 18 Jul 2005 20:39:16 -0700, micrologix1500@yahoo.com wrote:

>Two more comments:
>
>1. The odds of actually getting a beat-down from another RGVACer is
>probably much less than getting hit by lightning. It just makes you
>look silly to suggest you're ever going to open a can of whoop-ass on
>someone else in the NG. Yeah yeah, I know.. you're probably gonna beat
>my ass now when your posse rolls through Detroit. I'll start writing
>my will tomorrow
>
>2. The whole "eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth" concept is kinda
>appealing to me, but who's gonna decide who deserves it? The cops?!
>The court system?! I've met plenty of cops and plenty of judges, and
>it scares me enough that they're stewards of the justice system we've
>got now, much less a "off with the hand/foot/whatever, no questions
>asked" system. My guess is in those countries, a lot of
>hands/feet/fetuses/etc are removed for unjust causes.

Anonymous
July 19, 2005 10:09:47 AM

Dance clown, dance:)

I just never know if your response will be in cursing or preaching.
Heck, I don't think you know until you after you read what you posted.

Zinfer wrote:
> Mike and I just have this Love/Hate relationship. He Loves it when I
> respond to his Hate messages. As for Art he just gets his shots in
> willy-nilly in a group/gang thing. One starts it, he piles on damn
> the evidence or logic of it because he took exception to me saying
> that he didn't know how I felt. Not sure why he's always felt I
> insulted him from that moment on. The ability to say that long
> goodbye and get that last hug holds dear and a source of much regret
> especially to those that never had the opportunity in a sudden death.
> Art's a good guy despite the banter.
> Whereas Mikes just plain hateful for no apparent reason and doesn't
> expect he'll ever regret it.
> Ok, I got dragged into this topic and now I'm dragging myself back
> out. But this very well demonstrates the sum of RGVAC or at least
> some that are in it, which for the life of me I don't understand why
> they still hang around if it so antagonizes and irritates them.
> If you don't like it, leave it Mike. By all means.
>
> On 18 Jul 2005 20:39:16 -0700, micrologix1500@yahoo.com wrote:
>
> >Two more comments:
> >
> >1. The odds of actually getting a beat-down from another RGVACer is
> >probably much less than getting hit by lightning. It just makes you
> >look silly to suggest you're ever going to open a can of whoop-ass on
> >someone else in the NG. Yeah yeah, I know.. you're probably gonna beat
> >my ass now when your posse rolls through Detroit. I'll start writing
> >my will tomorrow
> >
> >2. The whole "eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth" concept is kinda
> >appealing to me, but who's gonna decide who deserves it? The cops?!
> >The court system?! I've met plenty of cops and plenty of judges, and
> >it scares me enough that they're stewards of the justice system we've
> >got now, much less a "off with the hand/foot/whatever, no questions
> >asked" system. My guess is in those countries, a lot of
> >hands/feet/fetuses/etc are removed for unjust causes.

Anonymous
July 19, 2005 3:07:03 PM

Hey Jim, how have you been and how's the DK?

Interesting thread going here, huh?

I can't figure how people from Turkey got involved though. But when
Zinfer is part of the thread anything is possible:)

Jim McCullars wrote:
> Zinfer (rmassman@hotmail.com) wrote:
> : I've noted on several occasions how disenchanted you are with the
> : hobby and how angry and hateful you are.
>
> I've met Mike personally and he was nothing like you describe.
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 3:37:28 PM

I have spoken to Mike on the phone and he is a very kind and
accomidating guy. I think he is a little bitter thast people jerk him
around. For those 80% that do this, 20% actually complete the deal. If
it were me I would focus on the 20% and see if there was anything else
they needed. You know...the cup half full thing. That is just my 2
cents. :)

P.S. Mike ...still waiting on a major Havoc...will get paid out on my
vacation time at the end of August!!!!!

Pat de Albuquerque
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 4:11:13 PM

Zinfer (rmassman@hotmail.com) wrote:
: I've noted on several occasions how disenchanted you are with the
: hobby and how angry and hateful you are.

I've met Mike personally and he was nothing like you describe.
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 8:18:00 PM

Huh?

Zinfer I bear you no ill will and my comments were not directed to
you. Mike has not in any way treated me badly. Why is it you feel the
need to attack me? Huh? You don't even know me. Think this confirms
earlier posts that you have some serious unresolved issues as I
understand that this is not about me but your attitude.

Let me know if you want to talk ,

Patrick de Albuquerque
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 9:12:40 PM

You know the problem with this "HOBBY" these days?

This thread gets 25 replies,
"Scott Safran Asteroids" thread gets 11.

The l33t have taken over.
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 6:32:20 AM

Zinfer,

You created your enemies. You left out "narcassistic!"

Pat de Albuquerque
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 7:11:12 AM

Zinfer,

You are correct....I am wrong. I was out of line for calling you a
sociopath. I apologize for causing you any ill will. I have removed all
original posts. As I have found out receintly that life is too short
for this type of turmoil.

Please Accept My Apology,

Pat de Albuquerque
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 7:47:46 AM

Pat, let him fight his own wars. k?
He called me out remember?

On 19 Jul 2005 16:18:00 -0700, "GAPINBALL" <Lawnmowerman00@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Huh?
>
> Zinfer I bear you no ill will and my comments were not directed to
>you. Mike has not in any way treated me badly. Why is it you feel the
>need to attack me? Huh? You don't even know me. Think this confirms
>earlier posts that you have some serious unresolved issues as I
>understand that this is not about me but your attitude.
>
>Let me know if you want to talk ,
>
>Patrick de Albuquerque

Anonymous
July 20, 2005 1:14:54 PM

AubHtr@aol.com (AubHtr@aol.com) wrote:
: Hey Jim, how have you been and how's the DK?

I'm great and the DK is doing just fine. I don't know if I ever emailed
you about it, but I got the DK paint codes off of some web site and painted
the cabinet, and got side art and DK plastic from Arcadeshop and it looks
great.

Jim
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 2:51:10 PM

"Zinfer" <rmassman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Now Mike, how ca> What is it about you that picks me as their lifelong
> target?

More to the point Rod is what is there about YOU that draws so many to
condemn you?

Art
!