Replacement Laptop Screen - Wrong Resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loista

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012
Hello,
I recently ordered a replacement LCD screen for my Dell Mini10v. I placed the order based on the model number on the back of my cracked screen: literally put the numbers into Amazon, and this is what came up http://www.amazon.com/CHUNGHWA-CLAA101NB01A-LAPTOP-SUBSTITUTE-REPLACEMENT/dp/B003TPVC5U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1347230149&sr=8-1&keywords=CLAA101NB01A.

This looked to be the exact same as mine, so I went ahead and ordered it. I followed a tutorial for installing it exactly as it showed, everything went smoothly and it powered on first try. However, I immediately noticed that a portion of the bottom of my screen was cut off. Accessing display options of the control panel confirmed my fears: my native resolution is 1024x600, and the replacement is 1024x768.

I've searched everywhere for some sort of brute force fix for this problem. Every solution I find seems to have good results in Windows 7, but as I'm running XP, nothing seems to be working. Editing registry values for Default X/Y resolution did nothing, and EDID overrides do nothing in XP. Anybody have any ideas here? I'm getting desperate.

SIDE NOTE: It was my intention to install Ubuntu on this machine as soon as I got the screen working again. Now that this is happening, I'm hesitant because I'm less familiar with it than Windows. However, if anybody knows of anything that is Linux specific, I'm all ears.

Thanks,
Nick

Solution
Hi :)

I own a laptop repair company in the UK...

There is ONLY one cure.... send back the INCORRECT screen and get the correct one... which will have ALL the matching numbers on the white sticker on the back of the screen....

Software fixes are NOT going to fix a HARDWARE problem... sorry...

All the best Brett :)
Hi :)

I own a laptop repair company in the UK...

There is ONLY one cure.... send back the INCORRECT screen and get the correct one... which will have ALL the matching numbers on the white sticker on the back of the screen....

Software fixes are NOT going to fix a HARDWARE problem... sorry...

All the best Brett :)

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS