changing location of download temp file???

im trying to download a rather large gaming demo...
the sizr of the file is larger than the space on my C: drive...

i chose to have it saved to a differant partition that has enough space to
store it.
however.. the file is being sent to the C: drive (temp im guessing) until it
is completed then copied over the the save drive.. but the C: drive is being
filled first then gettin a msg stating there is no room on the drive and the
download is stopped.

how can i change the location of the windows temp folder so i can get this
file completed.

THANKS!!
1 answer Last reply
More about changing location download temp file

    "fett" <fett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > im trying to download a rather large gaming demo...
    > the sizr of the file is larger than the space on my C: drive...
    >
    > i chose to have it saved to a differant partition that has enough
    > space to
    > store it.
    > however.. the file is being sent to the C: drive (temp im guessing)
    > until it
    > is completed then copied over the the save drive.. but the C: drive is
    > being
    > filled first then gettin a msg stating there is no room on the drive
    > and the
    > download is stopped.
    >
    > how can i change the location of the windows temp folder so i can get
    > this
    > file completed.
    >
    > THANKS!!

    Change the location of your Temp directories by changing the user and
    system environment variables in the System Properties.

    --
    William

Download Windows XP