Can't save pictures as JPEGS only as GIFS from the web

Recently i dont know why, when i try to save any picture from any website, it
wont save it as JPEG (eventhough the picture IS jpeg), isteat it saves it as
a GIF. Also it wont let me change the format from GIF to JPEG from the drop
down option. Also in the "file name" always appears "untitled" istead of the
name of the achive. how can i solve this please?
3 answers Last reply
More about save pictures jpegs gifs

    "BeboPR" <BeboPR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Recently i dont know why, when i try to save any picture from any
    > website, it
    > wont save it as JPEG (eventhough the picture IS jpeg), isteat it saves
    > it as
    > a GIF. Also it wont let me change the format from GIF to JPEG from
    > the drop
    > down option. Also in the "file name" always appears "untitled" istead
    > of the
    > name of the achive. how can i solve this please?

    Empty the TIF folder.

    Internet Explorer Saves Images As Bitmaps (.bmp Files)
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810978

    --
    William

    It's time to perform some routine computer maintenance:

    Go to Start > Run and type: CLEANMGR.EXE , and hit enter.
    This will start your disk cleanup utility. Make sure to cleanup
    your Temporary Internet Files.

    Internet Explorer Saves Images As Bitmaps (.bmp Files)
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810978&Product=ie600

    Internet Explorer Does Not Save Graphics Files in the Proper Format
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260650&Product=ie600

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=260650

    --
    Ramesh Srinivasan
    MS-MVP, Windows Shell

    Windows XP Troubleshooting
    http://www.winhelponline.com

    "BeboPR" <BeboPR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Recently i dont know why, when i try to save any picture from any website,
    > it
    > wont save it as JPEG (eventhough the picture IS jpeg), isteat it saves it
    > as
    > a GIF. Also it wont let me change the format from GIF to JPEG from the
    > drop
    > down option. Also in the "file name" always appears "untitled" istead of
    > the
    > name of the achive. how can i solve this please?

Microsoft Windows XP